Monday, January 25, 2010

My Best Girl...



Happy birthday to my sweet baby girl!!!!! SEVEN years old.... every year has been amazing in it's own way. I don't look back and think sadly "where did the time go?" I look back in amazement of where you have been, who you are, and the girl you are becoming. Each year you get more fun... and I enjoy you at every age. Every age. I loved you like I could love nothing else when you were born. You taught me how to love and the kind of love that was truly frightening. I was so scared for you. Scared you would stop breathing... get sick... and leave my life. You taught me how to love without giving me anything at all... simply by just existing...

As you have grown, that quiet baby has turned into a crazy, boisterous little girl!!! I love your energy. I love how you live everyday in a song. You are always singing and dancing. You love to dress up and sing to us. Dance for us. You are truly a show off. You are so strong willed... just yesterday you screamed in your room for almost an hour because we asked you to pick it up. Your life is ruled by fun... and cleaning is certainly not fun. You get this from your Momma. I am sorry for that.... you will find your way around it, in time... but for now, I gotta keep trying to teach you some lessons... lessons that I am sometimes learning along with you.

But, after you screamed and worked through it all... you apologized and you did what we asked. You wouldn't have been able to work through those emotions just a year or two ago. Your Dad and I decided after you were asleep last night that we must be doing something right. :-) Of course, we will take the credit here. We are your parents after all. We also will take the blame when it is deserved....

You love your American Girls right now and that is what you are getting from us for your birthday.. I cannot wait to see your face light up when you open Laney later today. I will do just about anything to light up your face. I spoil you and I know it... and I accept this... and probably won't stop. My mom was the same with me... and for all my challenges, I think I turned out just fine. So will you...

From baby... to gorgeous little girl... Ally at or around her birthday through the years...










(That's juice in her glass on New Year's Eve - for the social services worker reading this. :-) )

Happy Birthday Allison Jane! It's going to be another amazing year!

2 comments:

Urquhart Family said...

What a doll!! Happy Birthday to Ally!

Kathy said...

That's our Girl....I LOVE you Ally....Will see you just as soon as I can!!!

Love Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Dave (Grandpa was miffed that he didn't get to talk to you yesterday!)