Monday, November 23, 2009

Real Quick...

So, we had a pretty good weekend! Nothing too special. A quiet night of catching up on what was on the DVR Friday night.... and some wine. Saturday, a good friend from Chicago came to visit and we had a great meal... and night of drinking... the next day, he spent some quality time with the kids.... and it was a great day all around. I just loving having overnight guests.... :-) Ally loves company too and even BETTER when the company loves to play Mario Kart with her!!!

I am not feeling 100% great... fighting a bit of a cold. BLAH!!! I am feeling very unmotivated today and frankly, I'm in a really bad mood. I find myself avoiding people at work (very uncharacteristic of me) and just holing up in my office. I have to leave early today to pick Ally up from school. She has been coughing for quite a while now.... really bad at night, and yesterday, she was complaining about her side hurting. First, it was "her tummy"... but then, when I really asked her to show me where the pain was, she was pointing to her chest, just on the side a bit. I had her breathe deeply and asked if that hurt... to which she responded "not a lot"....

This concerns me because Ally is afraid of being sick and not going to school. She would rather to go to school near death than miss school at all..... she's crazy. But, I think it's a good crazy! :-)

Then, this morning, she was crying cuz she was afraid to go to gym today and have to run. She said her chest has really been hurting after she runs..... hmmmm??? A call to the doctor was made today. Better to have her lungs listened to..... be safe rather than sorry. And, since the holidays are coming up.... better get her in now!!!!

So... off to the doctor we go. She will not like this one bit.... going to have to bribe her with a trip to the Gap after.

Wish us luck!

No comments: