Well, Scott is feeling much, much better today. He is still home, but he stayed home more to take care of Luke than anything else. I'm not sure if he had H1N1 or what... but what's important is that he's feeling so much better. It's hard when they really aren't testing for it. Just jumping to conclusions that you have it. Maybe he did, maybe he didn't....
If he did... it ain't that bad! I'm sure he was uncomfortable for a couple days... but he said it just wasn't that bad...... I've seen him more sick. Last year I think he was out for a week with something. Flu. Ebola. I don't know. He was sick as hell.
I took Luke to the doc and his temp was much, much lower there than at home. Makes me question my thermometer. I do take his temp rectally.... and I know you are supposed to subtract a degree when you take it that way.... but still, I was getting a full degree or two higher a reading...
At any rate... the doc saw pus (a lot from her comment) on his tonsils... and ran a strep test, which was inconclusive in the office, so she sent one to the lab for a better result. But, she's assuming it might be strep, so he's on antibiotics. If it comes back it's not... then, he just has a cold virus of some sort. H1N1 doesn't "present" with pus on the tonsils... so it's definitely not that. Whew... good news.....
Still.... today he had a fever of 100.7.... and wasn't looking so great when I left him screaming to come to work. :( Breaks my heart that one..... he just wants his momma....... :(
So, hopefully, he will be on the mend....... last night, he had an hour or so where he just must have felt normal, because he and Ally were just playing and playing and he was having so much fun. Laughing and acting as healthy as can be. It's those moments that give you peace and take some of your worry away. Nothing worse than a sick baby!
Ally and I are feeling fine (knock on wood) and I really, really hope it stays that way because Thursday I am off to New York City with girlfriends for a girls' weekend!!!!!!!!!!! I need to be healthy for this trip of food, drink, shopping and sight seeing fun....... I have been looking forward to it forever as we planned it months and months ago.
But, today, I need to focus on getting some work done..... two day work isn't so bad. I just wish it was under better circumstances. Staying home with the sick ones yesterday was not fun at all. Here's to a better ending to my week!!!!!!
1 comment:
Glad to hear the comments...hope you have fun this weekend...
Stay strong!!!!
Mom
Post a Comment