I think I know why I like the holidays so much... Christmas... even Thanksgiving... and all the events that surround it. It allows me to do one of the things I love to do (and frankly do best!)... SHOP!!!!!
I can shop without regret. No holds barred!!! There are things to buy for others. Outfits that must be had for myself for all the gatherings. Santa Claus is comin' to town baby!!!!!!! The big man... he's bringin' the toys.....
God, I love the toys! I truly love to get the kids (Ally in particular) the items on their lists. See her eyes light up on Christmas morning.
We are living in a material world... and I am a material girl..... HA!
It's true. The reason for the season is lost here, isn't it? Ugh.... I do so enjoy the "feeling" of Christmas too, ya know? The warmth. The gatherings. The wine. Seeing those you rarely see..... it is the best time of year....
But, for now, I find myself surrounded by people who have started their shopping, gotten most of their shopping done... or -GASP- FINISHED THEIR SHOPPING!!!!! I am feeling the pressure to jump on the bandwagon. Shop til I drop.
I have spent far too much time online researching all this crap. For Luke - it's anyone's guess. He cannot make a list quite yet. His freakin' birthday is right before (20th) so we have both days to buy for. Lord. Their are a few things I really want to get him. Chuck the Talking Truck (don't ask, I've been sucked in by the commercials!), a bilibo (for both kids actually), and a boy baby doll. I'm also considering more Mega blocks, this Melissa and Doug pizza thingy (he freakin' loves pizza), a little potty, and some toddler appropriate crayons and coloring books. Two year old boys are TOUGH!!!!
Ally - easy peasy - what DOESN'T the girl want? Like her Momma, the girl always has a running "wish list" in her head. :-) She wants many American Girl items... so I'm trying to get what I can. Some, of course, are retired... so it's the upcharge on eBay for me! She also wants books... books... books galore. And, that is one thing I never mind spending money on!!! Junie B Jones are some of her favorites... and I am trying to find some other age appropriate chapter books for her. She loved Up and wants the book now. Didn't ask for the movie... asked for the book. Atta girl! :-)
Then, there are the nieces and nephews.... the hubby... the parents.... whew. Good times. I really do enjoy this part. And the wrapping!!! Love the wrapping!!!! The big dork in me has always wanted to have a gift wrapping party! Serve drinks.... wrap gifts... listen to music. Total. Dork. Maybe I will do this. :-)))))))))))
No comments:
Post a Comment