This post is dedicated to Luke. That little man that has stolen my heart and kills me with those blue eyes and dimples.... and it's a good thing he's cute, cuz he can be so very bad....
Scott tells me it's in our genetic makeup... that we are convinced are kids are cute, so we don't kill them. It's a survival mechanism. I can see that. ;-)
But, Luke is as cute as can be these days. He has come out of a terrible phase we seemed to have there for a while. He was a terrible 18 month old. Now, at almost 2, he is communicating better and I believe that is so much of the reason he is becoming a happier little guy. He says a billion words these days, and his simple little sentences are just adorable.
Some of my favorites:
"Momma, ARE you????"
"I help Momma"
"My seat, Ally seat, Momma seat, Daddy seat"
"I go outside play Ally"
"Ba-ba, night-night Momma"
"I read Maisy mouse!"
Luke is in love with Maisy mouse. In love. We found some of Ally's old Maisy books, and he just fell in love. I love how he says "Maisy mouse" so I think I have fed his obsession. Maisy used to be on Noggin, but we haven't been able to find the show. Finally, Scott ran a search on our DirecTv app (god bless the iPhone) and found Maisy on some obscure channel at odd hours, so we set the DVR to record a bunch of episodes. I also ordered a bunch of Maisy stuff for his birthday. A few more books. He has "Where is Maisy," "Maisy on the Farm," and "Where are you Going Maisy." I ordered a few more and a DVD, a stuffed Maisy and I found a Maisy backpack... but it's coming from England and costing a small fortune. :-) I also plan to have his second birthday a Maisy theme, so I ordered Maisy party supplies from England as well. Nice.
Luke's favorite things to do these days are ANYTHING HIS SISTER IS DOING! I swear to god. I remember a friend giving me advice not to bother buying Luke any toys, cuz he would always just want whatever Ally has... and that could not be more true. He loves baby dolls. His favorite thing to do around here is push dolls, stuffed animals, or barbies around in Ally's stroller. I think he plays with it more than she does these days.
He loves to play outside... be outside. Run. Be active. Throw things. Kick things. Hit things. And he has been known to bite his cousin Grace now and again. He is all boy.... with the exception of when he's playing with his dolls. ;-)
He loves some of the toys we got for Ally and she never cared too much for. He loves this beaded wire toy... not sure what the hell it's called. Ally never touched it. I think it was a gift from someone (Mom of the year here!). He absolutely loves it. Will play with it forever.
He loves to take baths and requires lots of bubbles. He's not a very good eater, but still gets his milk in a soft spouted sippy cup. I totally baby him. He knows what candy and sugar cereal is. Things that never would have happened with Ally as baby number one!! He has me wrapped around his finger and I do spoil him. He is a little lover... loves to cuddle and snuggle more than Ally ever did at this age. She was much more independent. He definitely prefers to be held more and know you're near. Any time I am out of sight..... it's "Momma, ARE YOU???"
I'll take it for as long as he is givin' it.... soon enough it will be "Mom, can you leave us alone?"
He has grown to be a sweet, good natured little guy... and his hugs and snuggles are often the highlight of my day. My little heart breaker....

1 comment:
He IS sweet....I wish he could know me as well as Ally does....
Thanks for the update...
"Momma-are-you".
Post a Comment