Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Gettin' it Done...

So... I started my Christmas shopping. God bless the internet. Seriously! What did people DO before the internet? Online shopping? How did they multitask and get anything at all done? I know, I know... I am probably hurting the local economy by purchasing things online... but I have to get some things online... and I will try to do some things local.

For now... I got a great start!

It's an American Girl Christmas for Ally for sure. She's getting all sorts of American Girl stuff. She has three dolls. Kirsten, Felicity and Mia. She received Kristen and Felicity as hand me downs.... thank god... :-) Mia, she got when her BFF Isabel got her Mia.... my friend Beth and I took the girls together to the American Girl store in Chicago and it was so much fun to see the girls get so excited........

So... Kirsten recently got sent to the American Girl hospital to be "spruced up".... she is actually getting a whole new head. :-)))))) This is still much, much cheaper than a new doll. Kirsten is also about to be retired, so Ally is very anxious to have her fixed and get a new dress for her. Her nana is getting her a new dress for Kirsten...

Santa is going to bring her a new dress for Felicity and Mia's ice skating outfit and skates. She will also get a carrying case for her dolls, a hair care kit and the books "introducing" the historical characters. She is also getting Mia's "pets" - a dog and cat and their carrying cases. Plus a matching skirt for Mia's outfit... she already has Mia's matching sweater.

Outside of the American Girl stuff... Ally is getting some Junie B books.... a friendship bracelet making kit... the bilibo thingy (totally facinated by it)... and... drawing a blank... but that's what I got so far. A nice start.

Luke is getting some blocks.... Chuck the Talking Truck.... a bilibo.... a remote control bus.... a bus book...... and probably some Maisy item that I will hold back from his Birthday loot cuz I overspent there.... :-)

I also got a couple items for Scott... but on the off chance that he ever looks at this, I can't divulge!

Must think nieces and nephews now!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I loved my American Girl doll (Samantha) when I was little. I still cherish her to this day too! HA HA! Her arm broke one day & we sent her to the 'hospital'- she came back in a hospital gown, with a name bracelet on- the works! I'll always remember playing with her & can't wait to hopefully have a little girl *SOMEDAY* to take to the store in Chicago!

Unknown said...

Good for you Nina...I am glad I passed this "feeling" on to you, I ,on the other hand, just don't have the "feeling" so much this year....But we did put up our tree today...its a start!
Mom