So, Scott and I are hosting our very first Thanksgiving at our house!!!!! We are more excited about it than we are worked up, or stressed...... we are just happy to do it. We are having his parents, Jane, Adam, Grace, his Uncle Jared and Aunt Colette and their three kids, Gannon, Graydon and Calvin! Eight adults and 6 kids. I am having an adult and a kids table. Very excited about this...... total dork. Whatever. :-)
I totally ordered all the Pottery Barn kids items for the kids table... the turkey plates and cups... the runner (which is far too long for the table and unfortunately, going back now). I found the cutest little turkey napkin rings... and we have a stuffed turkey (toy) for the centerpiece. I found these heavy felt giant bright colored leaves that I am using under the turkey in the center... the table will be fun and bright and very "kid-like." I even got all these specialty chocolates from Gilberts that have fun turkeys on them to put at their place settings. They will so eat those before dinner!
Ha!
The adult table will be the anti-kid table... with rattan chargers.... fall colors.... leaf napkin rings.... and candles all around......... no candy... plenty of WINE!!!!! :-)
We are very much looking forward to having everyone over. Very. Much!!!!!
The best part is my brother David, his wife Mary and my neice Maggie will arrive later in the day to spend the weekend with us... during this time, the more the merrier I say!!! So nice to fill a house to the brim........
I hope you all have a Happy Thanksgiving....... I am anticipating that the coming days will be too busy to blog.... but I promise to post pictures of the madness after the fact!
Remember to be thankful for one another............
No comments:
Post a Comment