Sunday, November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween!

We had a great Halloween weekend! Busy for certain... and it's still going...

It all started with Friday night, when we went to Nicole's for a Halloween Party. We dressed the kids up and were required to dress up ourselves as well! It's been quite some time since I've dressed up for Halloween. I think the last time I did was for my sister and brother-in-law's party years and years ago. Pre-kids... and I went as a sexy black cat. Just wore all black with tall black boots, stuck some ears in my hair and a tail on my butt. Voila! Costume. ;-)

This year, we tried to think of a little family theme. Ally was bound and determined to be Hannah... so we had to build around her costume. I decided to be Miley... and Scott decided to be Billy Ray. But, he wanted to be old school trashy Billy Ray with a mullet... so most of the people at the party thought he was Joe Dirt. :-))))) We had to Google Joe Dirt yesterday and sure enough... his costume was definitely more "Joe Dirt" than Billy Ray... but whatever! At least he dressed up and got into the spirit of the event! It was a lot of fun.

Luke didn't really fit into our family theme.. but he was damn cute! We already had his monkey costume from Eli... so we figure maybe the Cyrus family had a pet monkey at some point. :-)

He was as cute as can be though... at first I thought he wouldn't wear the costume at all, but he totally got into it. He kept it on throughout most of the party and then, on Halloween itself, he wanted to wear it as soon as he woke up.... pretty darn cute little monkey boy!


We went over to Scott's parents to kick off our evening of craziness... cuz Jane had to get her annual picture. ;-) I'm so glad we did and I can't wait to see the pictures she got... since she always gets some great ones. Then, we went over to Ally's school for trunk or treating and the carnival... where the highlight for Ally was winning a fish...



I at least got once decent picture of the kids together... heavily relying on Jane here... so she'd better come through. :-)

They are a cute little pair if I do say so myself...


Luke was so into Halloween this year it was so freakin' cute. He loved carrying around his "punkin'" and getting candy. Of course, we had to eat every piece as we got it. We came home around 7 or so in time to pass out some candy ourselves. The kids really enjoyed that part, and like my friend Beth said, it's nice for them to experience some giving as well as receiving! Ally loved looking at all the costumes and Luke just loved saying "bye!" to everyone as they left. Every time someone came to the door and yelled "Trick or Treat" he would get so excited and run to the door, peer out, help me give the candy and then yell "bye bye!!!" Adorable....

Then, the kids bounced off the walls for a while... and I forced them to eat some real food to try to counteract the sugar....... they passed out by 8:30 or so...... Scott and I had a drink and passed out ourselves..... whew..... successful two days of Halloween fun....

Hope you all had a great time too!!!!

2 comments:

jane said...

Haha! I am a pain in the ass but I got some pictures for ya!! Grace totally did the same thing with the candy, she had to eat every peice she got. Crazy babies.

LeeAnn | {froggyleggs} said...

So funny that you googled Joe Dirt! LOL! I think you guys did a great job on the costumes! :)