Friday, December 26, 2008

We Wish You a Merry Christmas..

Last year, our Christmas went a little something like this:
Had a baby on December 20th... thought for sure we'd be released from the hospital at the latest, December 22. Things didn't go exactly as planned.
Luke was very jaundiced and had to be put in Special Care under the lights. They did not release him/us until December 24th at 9:00 pm. And that was only because we BEGGED them to let us go home.  
We got home... brand new baby... a little stressed out to say the least!  Luke had to be kept on a Bili-blanket at all times.  Not to mention, he didn't sleep a great deal, I was breastfeeding and it was Christmas Eve!  
With the help of Nana and Papa we got the gifts put together and out... we got Ally to go to sleep at a decent hour.  She was telling us her tummy was a little upset, but we figured it was nerves and excitement.
11:00 pm - Ally vomits violently all over the hall.  She does not stop vomiting all night.  She has the flu.
8:00 am Christmas morning - Ally wakes up... "Look Ally Santa came!"  She makes a bit of effort to look at her toys.  She asks to go back to bed.
I am crying uncontrollably.  She hates her toys I think. She is disappointed.  Of course, I am a hormonal, breastfeeding mother!  I have no coping skills what-so-ever!
A little while later, we get a phone call.  Both my mother-in-law and sister-in-law, Jane are barfing too.  There will be no Christmas dinner today.  That's okay, whatever... Ally is so sick. We have to take Luke back to the hospital.  
Eventually, Scott and I start barfing too... my brother-in-law.... everyone is sick as hell.
MERRY FREAKIN' CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
It was the Christmas that never was.... so this year, we were bound and determined to make it right!  We may have gone a little overboard with Ally's gifts.  She got SO MUCH!  But her joy was worth every penny.
Luke's big gift was this indoor gym and he got a few little other things.  


I could not get a decent picture of the two of them... this was as good as it got!


The theme of Ally's Christmas was Hannah Montana!  All she wanted was a Hannah Montana doll.  She got that... and a Hannah Montana singing stage for the doll, a Hannah Montana scooter, notebooks, folders, pens, and a pencil case - all in the same theme, and these dolls (Miley and Lola - Miley's friend) from my mom. The look on her face sums up the entire morning's excitement!


Opening her new Uggs from us also generated a great deal of excitement and an instant hug!  Who knew Uggs were such an exciting gift!? I mean, they would be for me... but I'm not five! She got a lot of great stuff... all that Hannah Montana stuff, Horton Hears a Who and Kung Foo Panda DVDs, a Webkins, toy cash register, puzzlebooks, toy globe, hula hoop, paints and chalk for her easel, and a stocking full of art stuff and candy.  From us she got some clothes, the Uggs, and Super Mario Kart for our Wii.  WOW!  That doesn't even take into account all the stuff the girl got from others.  Spoiled much?
I told you we were trying to make up for last year!  More for ourselves than Ally, you can count on that!
After gifts and breakfast, we got ourselves around and went over to Scott's parents' for the day.  We didn't have far to go or many places to go, so it was a nice peaceful day... which is how I tend to like Christmas Day.  Great dinner, great wine and a some great time with family.
Luke enjoyed sneaking off and climbing up the stairs whenever we weren't paying close enough attention to him.


Scott and Adam showed up dressed EXACTLY the same... down to their matching Ugg slippers.  What dorks they are.  :-)



Scott already had his Ugg slippers, but Adam's were a gift this year. Scott got new Ugg boots this year, some new headphones for his iPhone, new sheepskin inserts for his slippers and a new wallet from me.  I got the Flip - which I have been wanting for some time!  I also got a book, iTunes gift card and other random stocking stuffers from Scott.  Even though, I had already gotten my real Christmas present... :-)
It was a nice Christmas at the McIntosh house.  I hope you all enjoyed your time with family and friends too... and got everything you wanted... material and, more importantly, otherwise!

Christmas Pictures on the Mobile Me Gallery

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

Ok, the matching outfits are hilarious....I am cracking up! Serious dorks :)

Kathy said...

I LOVE the pics....what a GREAT Chrstmas for you guys!!!!!