Well, our boy is 11 months old! He was, a couple weeks ago! Now, he's two weeks away from being a year old... but better late than never with this post I say!
At the moment, Luke has a bit of a cold. His nose is running like crazy, but he seems generally happy and doesn't seem to mind. He was really cranky before the runny nose started, so maybe he was achy before or his head was really congested and now that he's draining, he feels better actually, who knows... he's been a pretty happy guy lately and that is a VERY good thing!
Some of Luke's recent accomplishments at 11 months:
- He got a TOOTH!!!!! Just one on the top. His first and only tooth and he is 11 1/2 months old!
- He is pulling himself up to a stand and "cruising" around furniture and walking behind a push toy - this is a very recent development!
- He prefers bottles to solid food... much to my dismay. He is still taking around 28 ounces of formula by bottle (terrible mom, I know! Ally was totally already to a cup by now!) and I know I have to cut back on that to get him to increase his solids intake! He is pretty picky, doesn't hit his mouth well when he feeds himself and I just worry about him getting enough. Probably silly since he is not underweight at all!
- He is still wearing 12-18 month clothing and really seems to have slowed down in his growing... he is thinning out it seems. Very long still, but losing that baby fat!
- He loves to dance and anytime hear hears music, he sways back and forth or bounces up and down. It is adorable and in our family, you'd better like music... it's on all the time around here... or Ally is singing! One of the two!
- His favorite toys aren't toys at all. He loves the remote control, the phone, power cords, floor lamps, and the wine rack. He has knocked down a bottle or two of some nice wine and given me a heart attack more than once!
- He babbles A LOT! He says Mama and Dada, and as much as I'd like to think he means me and Scott, I'm not so sure! He did crawl over to me the other day, pull himself up and as clear as day, say Mama while he pointed at me! Wishful thinking? Whatever!!!!! It was a moment!
I will leave you with a couple recent snapshots of the boy....
I promise you, the above picture is not our new babysitter... we don't lock him up in there... but, there's an idea! :-) HA!
We are going to have a birthday party for Luke at our house on Saturday, December 20th at 1:00 pm!
1 comment:
Saw my boy today, he IS a happy guy despite the runny nose. He also says "nana"! Should be crazy town, USA around nana and papas this week.
Post a Comment