... to be stressed out! Fa, la, la, la, la.... la, la, la, la...... :-)
Isn't it the truth? Sometimes, I just lie in bed at night and think about all the things I need to do. Last night, I was so tired that I was in bed before Ally..... instead of doing things that I NEED desperately to do! Oh well....
I am trying to do too much all the time... it's the way it goes.
I used to feel in control. Lately, I feel that all feelings of any sort of control are beyond my reach. Maybe I just need to give in to that feeling and stop trying to regain that control..... easier said than done.
Work usually lets up for me around the holidays... and while I had a pretty stressful and horrid November and things died down a bit after.... I am still busy and mostly just have some big projects hanging over my head that I will not feel "relief" from for many, many months. I would like to be able to just take the last two weeks of the year off and not think about work at all. I'm just not certain that is possible.
I still have a great deal of shopping to do. I haven't wrapped a thing. We don't have our tree yet, but plans are in place to get one Saturday and decorate it Sunday. Both Scott and I have work Christmas parties tomorrow night and I haven't found anyone to watch the kids. I hate asking Scott's parents who watch them ALL THE TIME to keep them Friday night too, but I can't get my "once in a while" babysitter to return my calls!!! :-( Ugh....
I need a new babysitter. I need a nanny. I need some live-in help!!!!!!!! :-)
I am escaping for the day Saturday to go to Chicago for my last S Factor class of this session.... It wasn't the best of timing... but I LOVE it... and as much as it does add to my stress... it's the thing I get to do for me.... so do it I will! I don't know how I will be able to continue taking the classes, but I hope to at least try... in January hopefully.
The kids are doing well. Ally continues to just be the best lately. She is just so freakin' good all the time, I can't even convey how different it is. What a difference a year makes! School... structure... all of it. She's a happy, happy girl lately!
Luke is just all boy and getting into everything! EVERYTHING! I fear for our tree when we put it up. I won't even THINK of putting any gifts under it before Christmas Eve. The boy will destroy them for sure! He is a bull in a china shop.
I got the kids some matching Christmas PJs which I am so excited about... cuz I'm a dork like that! I want them to wear them now so I can take pics... but it is our tradition to give the kids PJs on Christmas Eve for them to wear that night, so I must wait!
The waiting is the hardest part................. ;-)
4 comments:
Dave and I were walking through a store recently and I actually had tears in my eyes when I saw "jammies" and told him how we used to get new ones each Christmas Eve...AND, I got tears in my eyes as I put the ornaments on the tree...I have so many that mean something special to me....'Tis the season to be sentimental!!! Hang in there sweetheart, and don't make yourself sick over everything! Give the kids a kiss for me and Grandpa!!!!
Mom
I know how you feel. Tis the season to be stressed......
Have a fun time @ S Factor.
Mom - the whole reason we do PJs is cuz we did them growing up! I love the Christmas Jammies tradition! I'm trying to stay calm. Got a facial today.... Erin is GREAT at relaxing me.....
Glad you got a facial and are feeling better. Now have a little wine and you'll be good to go...
p.s. We are starting the Christmas Eve pj tradition too... :)
Post a Comment