Sunday, December 21, 2008

They Say It's Your Birthday...

Yesterday, our little man turned one year old!  WOW!  Where did the past year go? Seriously... I know it sounds cliche, but it is so true!  I can't believe he is already a year old!!!!
I went back and forth with what to do for our boy and his big day. It's such bad timing really... trying to get people together the Saturday before Christmas.  Many people had Christmas parties and well, things they needed to do to prepare for Christmas, but Luke is loved and was very lucky to have many family members take the time out to celebrate his special day!
The weather outside was frightful, so I made my Grandma's special recipe vegetable-beef soup, and my Mom's hot crab dip! We had broccoli cheese soup and bread from Panera too!  YUM!  We still have leftovers to feast off of for days!  Two cakes for party-goers and one little one for the little man... 
Here he is, taking his first look at the cake he is supposed to eat. As you can see, he isn't so sure about it:


Grace was MORE than happy to show him what to do... she was so cute, peering up at him the entire time!  In the end, he got her good and I have some great pics of Grace covered in frosting too over here on our Mobile Me Gallery.


As you can see, Luke eventually got the swing of devouring his cake and was as happy as can be!!!!  



After the cake was destroyed, Luke went right into the tub, before opening his gifts!  He had no afternoon nap and was on a bit of "party overload."  After opening a few gifts... he had really had enough... he crawled over to a quite spot in the corner, and did this:


It's his party... he can cry if he wants to!
Thank you to everyone for coming out to celebrate with us and for all the generous gifts!  Luke has enjoyed playing with everything all night last night and all day today.  It's so nice for him to have his very OWN toys... not hand-me-downs from Ally!  
Now, on to Christmas!!!!
More birthday fun here.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

I heard about a certain incident with a Christmas tree as well....fun times!!!! LOVE the pics of Luke with his cake...and love your telling of the story...
Mom

Urquhart Family said...

I love the pics of Luke & his cake...it looks like he destroyed like a true boy. Go Luke! And seriously, your story about the Christmas tree has me in tears from laughing so hard. Every time I think about it, I start cracking up...poor Grandma!!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Luke!!

jane said...

Seriously, the kid can't do anything without his stupid cousin getting in on the action.

Two peas in a pod I tell ya :)