What's wrong with me? I really can't get in the Christmas spirit! I mean, I just started my shopping this week. Usually I am so excited and ready to shop!!!!! I just started getting some decorations out last night... and usually I am geeked to do all that come Thanksgiving weekend! I tried listening to a little Christmas music to get me in the spirit, but I'm still just NOT feelin' it!! What is happening to me???
I am still wondering what to do about Luke's birthday. We have made NO plans for a party for him or anything... making the assumption that friends and family will be busy with Christmas parties that weekend. I feel like he's going to get screwed yearly! :-) Among the Christmas cards, gifts, and gatherings... his day just seems to get lost! I don't know what to give him for his birthday and what to save for Christmas. I just don't know!!!!!!!!!!
It's obviously my theme as of late... not knowing. ;-)
AHHHH!!!!!!! Calgon take me away!
I AM however, going to S Factor this weekend... and while that may be the stupidest thing to do in the middle of all this insanity (how do I have the TIME one might ask?)... I NEED to do it... I really WANT to do it and I am super excited about going. It's like my relaxation.... my zen.... my excercise. It's silly and in Chicago and... well, whatever.. I'm going and I'm happy I'm going!
Okay, so I DID start shopping!!! I got gifts for my nieces and nephew, my mother-in-law, part of my father-in-law's gift, my mom and step-dad, some of Scott's, and a good start on Luke and Ally! Also... I created and ordered our Christmas cards on Sunday....... and they already arrived, printed and ready to go yesterday! I was shocked! Apple rocks..... :-) Now, I just have to address them all....... and get stamps....... and send them on their Merry way!
Also..... funny story.... when I went to the Toy House this week... I FINALLY met Leslie in person!!!! It's so funny cuz we "chat" on Facebook, one another's blogs, and even email, but we have never met. It's ridiculous really cuz we probably live like a mile apart..... HA! Lives are crazy and busy... but it was so nice to finally meet you in person Leslie! Let's get together sometime soon! Have that drink... or even coffee!
So... send me some holiday cheer people... :-)
3 comments:
Remember, my dear daughter, that life will have its ups and downs. And , in the end, you will remember the ups the most. Everything doesn't have to be "perfect"...slow down, make some cookies with Ally, tell her your stories of your favorite Christmases...burn your "Home Sweet Home" candle and relax. As far as Luke goes, make him a little cake to smoosh his fat little hands into and get some pictures. Just have a small party...whoever can come, comes...Grandma asked about it, she hasn't seen Luke since July! I love you and wish I could be a better Grandma, but maybe you can appreciate me when you can send the kids off by themselves to visit me!!!! Just remember to take care of people and the "things" will fall into place. And....enjoy your "Nicki Day" in Chicago!!!!
Love, Mom
I will make Luke's bday number one priority!! You know we will be there. AS for Christmas- sounds like you have a GREAT start. Stop stressin'- at least you still have a gallbladder :)
p.s. That is hilarious that you met Leslie for the first time at The Toy House. Gotta love blog life...
It was very nice to meet you, too. It's crazy how we "know" each other, but just finally met in person. : )Yes, let's do coffee or drinks soon. After the holiday rush?
Have a great time in Chicago.
Post a Comment