Luke's cake eating extravaganza wasn't the only excitement that took place at the McIntosh house yesterday!!!! Everything was going along just fine at Luke's party. We were just finishing up lunch... and our guests were seated all over the house. Some people were downstairs in the basement, some in the dining room.. and a soon to be very unlucky few, were seated in the living room.... with the Christmas tree.
Remember the Christmas tree incident? Remember what I said at the very end of that blog post?
Well, my Aunts, and Uncle and Grandma were all sitting in the living room... when... KABOOM! Down she came..... the tree just FELL right down! Tipped right over. Ornaments breaking everywhere, water spraying all over...
The troops worked hard to put her back upright.... all seemed good in the hood....
But... no... the damn tree fell over again. This time, on my Grandma sitting in a chair nearby! Two rum and cokes later, we had Grandma calmed down. She never did return to the living room though....
We were downstairs finishing up gifts and playing around... when my Aunt (who is wonderfully cleaning my kitchen cuz she is the best Aunt EVER) calls down to us. You guessed it. The tree has fallen a third time.
We all knew this was possible. The trunk is horridly crooked. We got yet another tree stand from my in-laws... and for now... this is the state of our tree:
There are no important ornaments left on it. I am far too worried they will shatter. As you can see, the angel is backwards and tipped over. She has had a rough ride. No tree skirt... it's hanging to dry in the laundry room. And... most importantly.. NO GIFTS! I can't risk the loss.
This is the tree stand, screaming for mercy...
It's at a crazy angle just to try to hold the tree somewhat straight.
Good lord.
I don't have very high hopes for this tree. All I am asking now is that it stays standing (mostly) until Christmas morning. As soon as Santa comes and drops off the gifts, we're taking this damn tree down.
She's out to get us!
2 comments:
Your tree drama cracks me up!
All I can imagine is Scott chucking it out into the front yard the day after Christmas.
Post a Comment