Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Where Did Monday Go?

So.... I was over catching up on the last few posts at Momastery.  Glennon makes me so happy because she makes me feel so comfortable to be who I am. I can relate to almost every single experience she has.  ALMOST every experience, that is.  ;-)  I have read so many comments that say "it's like you're in my head".... we all feel the same way. And how freakin' cool is that...???  That this amazing woman is bringing a whole bunch of women together who say "yup...... that's me!!!"  How awesome is that???  Especially... since the subject matter that she share is something that most women (as wives and mothers) don't event ADMIT to their best friends, let alone perfect strangers........

Her blog makes me feel less alone.  I feel like I am a part of some big community of women who feel like failures on a daily basis for no good reason and we are all happy to share our ef ups and want to LAUGH and cry together.

Her birthday post....... that's me.  That  is EXACTLY how I want my birthday to be. That is what I do for my kids. I go over the top. That's me. It's so me.  The post where she talks about not being "easy breasy" where she writes that she is "is dramatic and anxious and obsessive and ridiculously intense and you know, a little WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"... yup.... that's me too......

I play hard, work hard, and sleep hard..... my life is 100% "game on"..... and when I am done with that,  I am out. I get so much out of a day that I am ready for bed at 9:00 pm most nights and I sleep solid.  I am up and at 'em at 5:30 and pack the day once again.....

When I want to do nothing, I do nothing....... I am perfectly capable of sitting and not doing....... then, in the next instant..... I am running crazy. Two speeds........ full speed ahead and standing still.  That's me.

So, all weekend long.... I ran. I was full speed ahead. I packed more into my weekend than most do in a week. I love it.  Sunday, we had an amazing Super Bowl party with amazing friends... and I think I lost Monday because I was exhausted and hung over... and my kids stayed out too late and it wasn't the best mommy decision, but hey...... you only live once... the Super Bowl only happens once a year and time with friends cannot be replaced.  Friends before sleep..........  ;-)

I have been reflecting on the fullness of my life lately.... and reveling in the happiness I have created for myself.  In all aspects of life... I feel really fulfilled and happy.... and yes... this is very important to me. Fulfillment... happiness..... fun. We've talked about this before...

I see that repeating itself in Ally. She likes to be on the go. She had a busier weekend than me...... and while I need to be the adult and balance life for her, I also need to let her be herself...... allow her the social time with friends she craves... the sleepovers... the involvement in maybe one too many activities.... the parties.  She is my daughter.  She really is.

So.... I cannot be suprised when she too feels the highs and lows..... when she is "is dramatic and anxious and obsessive and ridiculously intense and you know, a little WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!"

I wonder where she gets it from?

It still shocks me though. I still look at her and wonder where she came from....... even though I am simply looking in a mirror.  I am looking at a reflection of me, when I look at her.

No wonder we butt heads on a daily basis........... whew......... we have our work cut out for us, she and I.  :-)

I got her progress report today..... we get it weekly........ the quarter just started and she is getting a B and a C..... which essentially means she has had one test in Science and got a C on it.  I go into full "fix it and fix it now" mode. I also want to talk to her about it immediately. Ask why. Figure out what is up. Analyze it to death.  Maybe perform an official root cause analysis on it..... and document the process.

I must stop........ slow down....... and let it play out...... deep breath.

But really, a C????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, deep breath again.  ;-)

Ah... the highs and lows..... "my girl got all A's...... she's going to skip fourth grade math...... shit, she is getting a C in science........ the world is ending!!!!!!!!"

Get. A. Grip!

So, I write it all out here and you can all laugh at my craziness...... and I will feel better. 

LAUGH PEOPLE!!!!!

Thank you.  ;-)

I recall a line in Father of the Bride (one of my favorite movies of all time)....... when Steve Martin (the father) is apologizing to his soon to be son-in-law for his daughter's 'freak out' about the blender......

"You know, Bryan, Annie's a very passionate person. And passionate people tend to overreact at times. Annie comes from a long line of major overreactors. Me. I can definitely lose it. My mother. A nut. My grandfather. Stories about him were legendary. The good news, however, is that this overreacting... tends to get proportionately less by generation. So, your kids could be normal."

I am holding out hope for Ally and Luke's kids............................. 

Happy Tuesday blog friends........

1 comment:

Kathy said...

GREAT quote from the movie...I laughed my butt off!

Mom