In the theme of movie quotes, I continue with....
"Go sell crazy someplace else.... we're all stocked up here....." - As Good As It Gets (another awesome movie and the best quote of all time, only because it describes my "place" to the hilt!)
So, apparently both Scott and I are stocked to the hilt with crazy. Crazy obessession. Crazy reaction. Just plain crazy. I looked up Ally's grade in Science (what she's getting a C in) to see the details behind it on Powerschool. Each grade is posted... each test, quiz and assignment. Turns out, she has had three assignments in Science and she got 100% on one, a D+ on another and a C on the third. This gives her a C in the class (a week or two into the Quarter).
But, of course, Scott and I feel some epic parental failure on our part. We take out her assignment notebook and see that one of the assignments was homework..... and we did not check it. When your kid usually gets A's all the time, you get lazy apparently. We got lazy. That assignment was her C. The D+ was in class work... and we found that in her pack from previous weeks. She missed two words in a word/definition matchup. Two wrong. D+. There were only 8 words to start with. So..... yeah, hard to fault her that one. But... still....
The B was just on one assignment in English.... this grade will come up.......
Love how he and I obsess together about this.......???????? Crazy much? ;-)
I guess we are the lucky ones... our family. We CARE TOO MUCH! We care about how our children succeed in school. Scott spent all evening after dinner, with Ally, in her room, giving her one on one attention and help with Science. She fights this a lot, but has recently come to the conclusion that dear old dad knows a thing or two. On her final Science test of the quarter, she was worried... Scott helped her.... low and behold, she listened... and she says to me, "Daddy really CAN teach Mommy!"
Um.... yeah..... we aren't so stupid after all are we dear??????? :-) At least Daddy in this case... but I am taking it as a small victory for both of us.
It was nice to listen to them together. Yes, she still fights the help. She wants to do everything perfect and on her own. She doesn't like needing help. I have no idea where she gets this!?! ;-)
Of course... Luke had to protest the entire time. My little cherub decides he wants and NEEDS Daddy... and just throws a big ole fit while Daddy is locked away in Ally's room.
Man on man. One on one. I handled his fits..... Scott handled Ally.
Best of luck and many prayers to parents of more than two. It's times like those that I think you all deserve sainthood.
Our family is far from perfect... but man, we sure do work hard at it. We are blessed with an enormous capacity to do just that.
So, we accept the crazy......... we love our crazy...... but we definitely do not need anymore!!! ;-)
Happy Wednesday blog friends..........
No comments:
Post a Comment