Friday, February 17, 2012

Pneumonia...

What do you get when you are sick with a cold, that turns into a sinus infection and you don't take a single, solitary break to try to get better???  Not only that, but this cold turned sinus infection comes at one of the crazy busiest times ever?  You get pneumonia! That's what!!!!!

Mid January, I started to get a cold.  Jan. 16th to be exact.  I remember it well, being that it was Scott's birthday. Began with that tell tale tickle at the back of my throat. That entire week, I ignored it. The next week, it became worse, the following week, it turned into an infection.....

In the midst of all that... I had, Scott's birthday, Ally's birthday. Allys' birthday party.  A Girl Scout meeting.  MANY planned nights out with friends.  Trips.  A reorg going on at work.  A lot of WORK going on at work.  Destination Imagination practice twice a week at school.  School parties and events.  An overnight at Greektown with friends.  Superbowl parties.  Mary Kay parties.  Information night at school. Open house at school.  I was going and going and going.... and all the while, I was getting sicker and sicker.....

I finished the first antibiotic (Augmentin) and started to feel awful again before that one was even gone.  This past Tuesday I called the doc to say this.... between 8:00 am when I called and 11:00 am, I could feel my ability to breathe in fully, become more and more labored.  I felt like an elephant was sitting down on my chest.  So, I called and told them that I was coming in and a doctor needed to see me.  ;-) And, he did...... and I sat there and cried and cried while I told him how crappy I was feeling... he listened to my lungs and said pneumonia.... and that the Augmentin likely contributed because, while it wiped out the sinus infection, it also made me susceptible to everything and anything else. Especially since I didn't slow down not one stinkin' bit. So.... the infection moved into my already weakened lungs and took up residence. Bastard infection.

Pneumonia is no joke. It causes more pain than anything I've experienced. Every inch of my body hurt, but the worst, by far, was the chest pain.  I have been in bed since Tuesday. I leave once a day to see my chiropractor (long story - another post and I will tell you about this).

Scott has been amazing... even taking today off because Ally has a half day today and is doing a reading at mass.  I always go to mass when she has a part in it... so he is doing exactly what I would have done.  Totally stepping up. Later, he plans to take them to the movies and out and about so I can rest up some more.  We are going to make good and sure I am healthy as can be. I have felt worthless and half a mom for far too many weeks now...... but I am coming back! Better than ever.

So, off I go to rest....... I cannot thank all of you enough for your offers of help and words of healing. I have the best friends and family all over the place.

Here's to health blog friends......

No comments: