Thursday, February 23, 2012

The Lovely Luke....

Oh Luke... you really ARE the sunshine in my day.  When everything is going to shit, you have a unique way of lifting me up like no one else can.  You are intuitive as can be.  You know when your Mommy needs a hug. You know when to behave because I'm at my wit's end.  You know when you can get away with murder because I am so smitten by you.  You are one of a kind little man.

When you are upset about something or mad at the world.... you say "pebbles."  It's your word for "damn" I think.  :-))))  If I say you can't have something, you respond with "pebbles."  It cracks me up every time.

This week, you bloomed at school.  Each of your teachers told me so. You started talking more. Interacting more. Playing more.  You came home full of energy and a bit of spunk usually only seen in your big sister.  You surprise us all the time.

You have been dragged around to so many of your big sister's events.  You sit through hours of gymnastics and seem to love it.  You are so proud of your big sister it makes me smile.  You have been going to Destination Imagination practices.  You have bonded with the girls... and even more so with Quinn's big brother, Cooper who is in the sixth grade.  He is amazing with you. He races with you in the halls, takes you to watch the basketball team practice and shares his treats.  He is so happy he finally won you over.  It did take some time.

You love Morgan's big sister, Anna.  You recently told me she is your favorite person.  She loves you right back and I can't wait for the day she is old enough to babysit you.  She is a LOT like Ally and gives her parents fits..... you calm her...... you make the better part of her come out. I love helping her find that patient part of herself.  Like I know it's there in Ally... I know it's there in her too.  She is such a wonderful girl.

You say "crack me out" instead of "crack me up." You talked about how you got "asses" on Ash Wednesday and your Daddy made you repeat it over and over and laughed is "ash" off.  You love to dance.  You are the funniest dancer in the world.

You have developed some crazy obsession with having your blankets just right when you go to bed.  Neither Daddy or I can seem to get it right.  It is frustrating because you get so mad and we have no idea how you want your blankets!  You are just annoyed that we don't get it. But.... you go to bed like a champ.  You really do.  Thank you for that.  Mommy has no more to give most nights at 8:00 pm. Thank you for being a good sleeper.

You love sweatpants.  You will wear nothing else without throwing a fit.  This gives your fashion-conscious Mommy fits. I am learning to deal. Thank you for teaching me you don't always have to wear designer jeans.  You make sweatpants look good my boy.

You know your ABCs and can count pretty high these days!  You can write your name, although the L is sometimes upside down and backwards.  The K is sometimes sideways. I love how you write your name.

You love to help Daddy shine his shoes and sometimes you shine them when he's not even home.

You remind us to say grace when we eat.  You reach out your hands to hold Daddy's and Ally's, who are seated next to you at the diner table.  You always close your eyes when we pray.  I love watching you do this.

But, you still cannot sit through mass.  ;-)

You love to come in the bathroom when I am getting ready.  You sit on the clothes hamper and play.  You are abundantly patient with this high maintenance Mommy who takes some time to get ready each day.  You are going to be a wonderfully understanding hubby someday should you choose to be one.

Between your Mommy and your sister.... you will have cornered the market on patience and understanding.  Let's just hope you aren't attracted to all the crazies as a result.......  :-))))))

You put your pajamas on as soon as we walk through the door.... no matter what time it is.  Somehow sweatpants aren't as comfy as your jammies.

You are sweet and loving and full of it.  I love you so Lukie Ryan......





2 comments:

Kathy said...

I am so glad I got to "bond" with him in December...I happen to think he is pretty special too!

Baci said...

He does take your heart away...he is such a cutie and he is MY GREAT GRAND CHILD...Love you Lukie...Baci with the turtles.xoxo