Thursday, April 26, 2012

New Dentist....

Both the kids had dentist appointments in the last couple weeks. We had some issues with our previous office and since I spent a year avoiding taking them because of the bad experience, I realized it was just time to change. So, now I am simply taking them where Scott and I go. It has been a perfect fit for us.

Luke's appointment went so well. The hygienist is the mother of a friend am from school so she was great. Ally enjoyed her as well. Ally was treated like a kid, but also age appropriately. She was told what she is doing wrong when she brushes. And how to do better. I felt her exam from the doc was crazy thorough and we learned a lot about her little mouth!!! She needs to have FOUR teeth filled though. All her permanent molars. This was example one of her crappy job with teeth brushing.

It is a tough age. We can't brush her teeth for her anymore. Haven't been able to for years. And Ally is not the biggest fan of personal hygiene these days. So.... She learned a valuable lesson today.

I'm sure it doesn't help that we took so much time off between cleanings is that's my fault. But still, Ally is very much to blame. She is upset as you can imagine. Lesson learned maybe? Growing up is hard to do. ;)

No comments: