Well, Easter came and went.... and I made it through 40 days without Facebook and Coke! I still haven't had a Coke and I didn't get back on Facebook until Sunday night. I find myself forgetting it's even ON my phone anymore... and I also have little desire to check it as often as I used to. I find this refreshing! I do enjoy being back as well though.... if used wisely, Facebook is a great thing.... it's just so easy to abuse it!
We had a good end to spring break! After arriving home Thursday, the kids and I had a lazy day of laundry and eBaying (me selling anything and everything in the house!) on Friday. Saturday was a GORGEOUS day.... Scott went golfing and the kids and I packed a picnic lunch and headed to the park.
Ally took a couple days to detox..... any change in routine seems to throw her off. While our trip and time off was fun, it was almost emotionally exhausting. I always forget how difficult times with her can be.
Easter was no exception.... again, another "big" event.... and she seems to have a hard time coping. We had no less than two fits before Church and then another between brunch and going to Nana's. I will tell you this..... they started with "messed up" nail polish. God help me... the teen age years are going to be brutal.
Easter was also wonderful. As hard as it all can be..... all of it.... the trips, the time with family, the Easter bunny coming, church together, brunch at the Club and getting no sleep.... I am constantly reminded that we are so very blessed. So blessed to have all that we do and be exactly who we are.
I was reading a book and there was a quote that resonated with me. "Love is not always an act of faith... sometimes it is an act of will."
It is one thing to go out on a limb and love someone, knowing that you could get hurt (faith).... it can be even harder to make yourself love someone just because they NEED your love (willing yourself to love). Sometimes I feel that way with Ally. That sounds awful doesn't it? I love her with all my heart. But, she is sometimes so hard to love. She teaches me so much every day. She teaches me that I have a stronger will to love than I ever knew was possible.
What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.... this girl is making me a freakin' super hero. ;-)
I went off on a tangent.... sorry.....
Anyway.... Luke is a character these days. I am marveling at how much of a BOY he is becoming. Getting older, going to school, and starting to come out of his shell. He is currently running around the living room with Spiderman and a helicopter making whoosh noises and shooting things. He also says the craziest things sometimes. The other day, when we were having an odd discussion on dying, Ally said "Death is real, because when we die we just go on to heaven." Luke looks at us so seriously and says "Dying is real and you know what else isn't real? Robots." It was the statement and his facial expression. That kid just cracks me up.
Today, we forgot to take his nap mat to school in the morning, so I had to take it in before lunch. I went in and dropped it... and just couldn't help myself, I needed to see him and give my boy a hug, even though I knew it might be hard on him. I walked into his room, and he came over to me, gave me a hug, smiled his big gorgeous smile, and then turned right around and went back and sat down on the rug to listen to his story. I was absolutely amazed and crazy proud! My little man, getting so big and brave! So proud.
Speaking of proud... I am so excited for Ally's next gymnastics meet, which is this coming Saturday in Kalamazoo. I was crazy proud of her at the last one. She just surprised me with how amazing she was and how she handled the pressure of it all. I hope this Saturday is just as wonderful an experience for her!
In other news, Luke has a dentist appointment this Thursday (pray for me), Ally has a Lock-In at the school that I am working at Friday night (I am running the "spa room!" and Scott is starting his masters program! Work is a challenge for me right now, but I am dealing. I have amazing co-workers and friends to help me through.
More than anything... I am SO ready for spring..... why in the world is it SNOWING!?!? ;-)
Have a great week blog friends...... promise to upload Easter pics as soon as I get them off my camera. Not sure I got any great ones though...... see above discussion on the numer of fits Ally had on Easter. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment