Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Work Week.... Over and Out!

It's a good thing this is the end of my work week, because my brain is done.  It has been a ridiculous week of busy-ness and a more stress than I like at work. Actually it's been a stressful couple weeks..... so I am happy to conclude the work week TODAY!

I find that I am exhausted when stressed.  Crazy exhausted.  Think first trimester pregnant type exhaustion.  I am taking a supplement that really helps that....... at least day to day..... but I still find that during times of super stress/more stress than usual..... I am still wiped out. No amount of caffeine can turn the tide either. In fact, when really stressed, I could drink a pot of coffee and still pass out.

I hate sustaining levels of stress such as that for long periods of time. I wasn't built to handle it.  I constantly find ways to reduce my stress and relax. It's a  big goal of mine these days.  All stress is unavoidable........ especially with my two kids..... but I can reduce what I can control.

I have been setting limits work-wise around here a lot lately. I have a new boss and new projects and new responsibilities. I find that I have to remind people just about daily that I work part time.  I hate having to do that.  It's one part: I like to go above and beyond and please people at work and another part: career suicide.  But, it has to be done these days.

I go back and forth about adding work days... adding hours.... god knows they could use me more...... but god knows I don't really know if I WANT to!  I am happy to add time when Luke is in school five days a week. In fact, I am sure that I will.  I will always want to be less than 40 hours because I always want to pick them up from school.... but I don't mind working say, four days a week?  Maybe?  ;-)

The hard part of that is the summer....... I like my three days a week come summer....... maybe even less. 

So, here's to another work week behind me. I will try not to take the stress and projects home with me.  A tough thing sometimes.

Tomorrow, Luke has a field trip at school on a day he doesn't normally go... so he and I are going to meet his class at the location.  The field trip itself is at All Around Gymnastics.  Yes... he is giddy to go! He is constantly exposed to gymnastics between Ally and Grace... so he loves it.  And this will be all his own. So, I had to make sure he could do it.  I am looking forward to watching him. :)

Tomorrow night..... Scott and I have a triple date night planned.  HIP HIP HOORAY!!!  A wine dinner. Five courses. Five different wines.  TAXI!!!!!!  ;-)  Going to be such a wonderful night out with a great date and friends.........

Friday I have a girls' night out. Once again, with wine......... AND jewelry and makeup!  All things girl.

So looking forward to what the rest of my week has to offer!!!!!!

Hope you are too blog friends!

No comments: