Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Proud Spartan

Even after the devastating loss to North Carolina yesterday, I must say, I am still proud as hell to call myself a Spartan!!!! I proudly wore my green again today! Sportin' the school colors... I laugh in the face of defeat! HA!

We made it all the way to the National Championship game! Can't be disappointed in our season! It was a great tournament and a great year!!!!!!

I will admit, I went to bed at halftime.... I was super tired and I had a meeting to make it on time for this morning! After the first half... I didn't hold out a lot of hope... and I assumed Scott would wake me up if we were making the comeback of a lifetime! But alas, I slept through the night, and there was no frantic wake up call. Oh well.... the team is young... they will be back here...

A busy week at work... much to do and coming off a nasty illness, I am finding the energy to do it all is difficult to summon... but I am plugging on!

I went to Target and played "Easter Bunny" on my lunch break today. Got the kids a ton of CRAP they don't need AT ALL! Ugh. Ya gotta do it... but I really do detest the "little crap" that ends up all over your house and eventually gets lost and breaks Ally's heart cuz it was just her "FAVORITE"

This past week, she wanted to make a list for the Easter Bunny and mail it to him! Like he was freakin' Santa! HA! As if Chicky! We tried to explain to her that the Bunny doesn't bring stuff like that... the Bunny just brings little things and some candy. She's not buyin't it. I think Easter morning is going to be one giant disappointment at the McIntosh household!

I got Ally the movie, The Tale of Despereaux. We didn't see it in the theater. Looks cute in a basket.... has a mouse on front. I buy things based on their cover... aesthetics are important to me. :-)))) I got her a little Hannah Montana hair set... a new Junie B. Jones book, a little book and pencils (she loves to write in little journal like books), a stuffed pig with bunny ears (she has an odd fascination with pigs - stems from her early love of Charlott's Web), some candy and other crap....

Luke is getting a Little People set, an Elmo book, eggs that I plan to fill with cheerios (not candy)... uh oh... what else? Crap. I hope there's more. Doesn't seem quite even if not! Not that he would notice... but Ally so would... and she would probably point it out too. She's so kind like that!

Oh well... I'm sure there's more... somehow I spent over $100 on what? CRAP! The word of the day is obviously CRAP! :-)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

Oh I know... I totally spent a crapload on Easter stuff at Target. I usually make little goody baskets for my nieces, along with getting the boys stuff from the Easter Bunny. The lady at the pharmacy said "You look like a generous Easter Bunny!" yikes....

Kathy said...

Hope the kids got my package!
Mom

jane said...

I bought a bunch of crap for Easter at Target too! They love crap, cheap stuff ends up being the favorites!! Ally cracks me up with her list. Luke would be happy with a stick :)

Forever and always a Spartan- Go Green!