Friday, April 24, 2009

New Banner...

Well, I finally have a new banner! Thanks to my sister-in-law, Jane, who takes care of this kind of thing for me! Thanks Jane!

It is absolutely gorgeous outside.... I ran out for lunch to run some errands and grab a bite to eat... and I did NOT want to come back to work! It's the first really nice day of the year it seems and it just does not seem right that I should be inside. Especially working inside. I think I am grumpy as a result of it... ;-)

We have a busy weekend ahead of us. Tomorrow, Ally has a soccer game, a birthday party and then, I am taking the kids to a playdate at Nicole's. Looking forward to it... cuz it's supposed to b a GORGEOUS day! I have a wedding shower for a friend in Rochester Hills on Sunday that should be really nice. A full weekend, but not too crazy really. Just nicely full, ya know?

I had a cold this past week that went as quickly as it came. Thank god. Luke has it now, but doesn't seem to be too bothered by it. He's still his happy little self. Most of the time! He is 16 months old... if you can believe it. Most days I can't! Here are some 16 month milestones:

  • He has a lot of words! Uh-oh (his first), mama, dada, Ally, Molly (all dogs are Molly), no, bye, hi, go, baby, cookie, gi-gi (hard "g" sound = blankie), ow, mo (more), muy (milk)... and I'm sure there are others.
  • He is walking/running all over the place... there's no stopping him now!
  • He loves to be outside... would rather be outside than do anything else.
  • He HATES to be confined.... car seats, high chairs and strollers are NO FUN!
  • He has the most expressive faces and I wonder if he will be famous for them all one day, much like Jim Carrey!!! He has this mean face where he puts his face downward and looks up at you with "mean eyes"... he does this and then, immediately, smiles at you. It's all in fun... or so it seems for now.
  • He's eating better, but would still rather drink milk than eat. I am certain the boy would be happy with just milk and bread...
  • He gets HYSTERICAL when ice cream is around...... loves it... freaks out... cannot get it in his mouth fast enough.
  • He backs himself into your lap when you are sitting on the floor... it's pretty cute and funny as hell... I always want to make the "beep beep" sound a bus makes when it backs up as he does it.
  • I am pretty sure Ally's dollhouse is one of his favorite toys... which is nice... cuz Ally could not care much less about it! (I'm certainly glad Santa spent so much money on it!)
  • Like his sister, Luke appears to have a running song in his head... we often find him dancing... and singing to himself. Maybe they will be a dynamic duo of some sort when they grow up!
  • Oh... he LOVES Elmo... and sings Elmo's Song anytime he sees him. Just the "la, la" part.

That's all I can think of for now. I wish I had a cute picture or something to post.. but alas, my camera is still somewhere out there... beneath the pale blue sky.... just not in my posession!!!!!

Bummer!

2 comments:

jane said...

Cute banner! You better find that camera...

Kathy said...

Check with Grandma on your camera...I think she has it!
Mom

LOVE the banner!!!!