Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Promises... Promises...

I have some GREAT pictures of the kids to post... but I don't have them here... so I will post them tonight when I get home... but I thought I could at least get some blogging done while I have a minute and truly need a BREAK from reading the Markey-Waxman Discussion Draft on Greenhouse Gas Registration and Additional Greenhouse Gas Standards. :-)

Whew break time NEEDED! Having some chocolate too. Much needed sugar buzz will soon ensue!

So... we had a really nice Easter! We had brunch in the early afternoon with Scott's family. The kids were less than cooperative. Ally was okay (a little attitude is surfacing again with her recently) but Luke was a disaster really. He was sick all day Saturday with some sort of stomach bug. He actually had a horrid blow up at the mall, and I had to wipe him down and change all of his clothes in a public restroom (GROSS!). He effin exploded!!!! I could hear him from 10 feet away when it happened. Poor little guy. He's still not 100% but he is a great deal better.

So, he was pretty needy at brunch. He does not like sitting in a high chair. He does not like being held while you sit either... which makes it more than difficult to actually go OUT to eat. So, Scott and I had to take turns eating. Happy Freakin' Easter! No big deal in the end.... I had a couple bloody mary's and life gained better perspective...

After brunch, we went over to my Grandma's house to visit with all my aunts, uncles, grandma and cousins that were in town. We don't get to see them nearly enough, so it was nice to catch up. Luke was better, having freedom to move there, but still pretty clingy to either mom or dad. He is full into "stranger danger" mode... BIG TIME! And, if he doesn't know you really well, he really wants nothing to do with you. They only people he likes at the moment are Ally, Mom, Dad, Papa and Nana. Probably in that order too! Ally is and always has been his favorite!! He adores her.

Luke wore the cutest little outfit and I can't wait for you to see it. He wore an actual dress shirt onsie. Had a button down collar and everything... and it was pink with green stripes. Very Easter appropriate. He had a little green collared cardigan that I threw over it when out and about... and he was just so cute, struttin' his stuff. He especially liked it when he could run around FREE in the parking lot after brunch. He was just finally happy when we let him out!!!!

He absolutely LOVES to be outside! Loves it. In fact, sometimes, he will cry when we are just going from the house to the car. He looks longingly at the yard and just wants to get out there and RUN!!!! He has energy to burn and we need to find a productive outlet for it! Spring could get here a little sooner. It could BE a little WARMER!!! PLEASE!!!!!!

The weather has just been crap lately... but I hear by the end of the week, we are supposed to get into the 60s maybe?

I hope so! Ally has an outdoor birthday party this Saturday... I know there is a cold weather/rain backup plan... but it would be nice for the kids to run around at a park and get out! I think everyone is suffering from spring fever for sure.

Things are crazy around our household. Per usual. The adults are busy, busy at work and the kids are busy driving us crazy! Such is life....

Okay, back to it...... pictures tonight.... I promise!!!!!!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Looking forward to those pictures!!!! Love you, MOM