Is anyone freaking out about the Swine Flu? Just a little? I usually do not worry about things I cannot control... or things that haven't occurred yet... but I gotta admit... I am freaking out about this Swine Flu just a little bit! I think mostly, because Scott has been home sick, with flu symptoms since Monday now. Under normal circumstances, this would not phase me at all. Flus come and go. Everyone gets sick. I had a horrid flu a while back....
But... first of all... Scott NEVER gets sick. Ever. He is one of the healthiest people I know. He works out at least three times a week. Eats better than anyone. Just never gets sick, even when the whole house is down for the count. He is the strong one.
Now... he's sick as a dog. Can't get off the couch sick. Started with body aches. Dry hacking cough. Headache. Now... he's nausiated... barfing... NOT GOOD!!!!!!
I called our family physician and he wants to see him. They are taking no chances these days the receptionist said. Scott is pissed at me for making him go. SERIOUSLY???? You have two children, a wife and countless other family members to think about here buddy!!!!!! I know the likelihood of him having anything other than the traditional flu is slim... but WHY TAKE THAT CHANCE????
So... I am driving his ass to the doctor this afternoon... whether he likes it or not.
The Swine Flu is confirmed in Ottawa and Livingtson Counties. A little close for comfort in my book....... does NOT help that the first fatality in the US was a toddler..... it's all a lot to take.
I just need a healthy household!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Is that too much to ask?????????
2 comments:
I'm freaking out slightly as well. Especially since I work with 100+ students a day. I've been randomly taking "sanitizer" breaks and making everyone squirt their hands. And spraying down desks and keyboards and computer mice (mouse??).
I hope Scott isn't the first confirmed case in Jackson LOL! Ok, no laughing.
I am a little myself too. I usually don't but of course we are coming down with a cold, sore throat this week. Chances are so slim but makes you wonder. Good luck with your husband. I'm sure he just has the regular flu, but better to be safe. By the way, I came across your blog a week or so ago and have enjoyed reading it!
Post a Comment