Well, this morning was a little crazy at the McIntosh household. First of all... I didn't get much sleep last night. I couldn't fall asleep for starters. Why? I don't know really. I started a new allergy medication. Maybe that kept me up? I had a Grande Latte pretty late in the day. Maybe it was that? I spent too many hours on iTunes... maybe I was all hyped up on music? Whatever it was... I tossed and turned for a couple hours..... and then....
Luke started screaming!
I tried to wait it out.. but he wasn't gonna stop... and he has been coughing at night, so I can't ignore him. Turns out... he sprung a leak! So... I had to change is diaper, his pajamas, his sheets and his mattress pad. Good times....
Then, I was really awake. So I read a bit. Realized I was hungry. Had a granola bar. At 1 am. And not a healthy one either... a chocolate chip one! Nice.
Who knows what time I finally drifted off to dreamland... cuz like 5 minutes later, my alarm went off....
And I turned it off... and the next thing I knew, it was an hour later and Ally was waking ME UP!!!!!!! OOPS!!!!!!!!
Scott is sick, so he slept on the couch... fearing he would toss and turn and keep me up. Would have been the least of my problems! So.... it was my turn to do morning duty on my own.
Now, I will be the first to tell you... I admit freely... Scott does the majority of the morning routine at our house. Yes, yes... I know how lucky I am. So, when I have to do it... ALL... it is quite the schock to my system! I end up barking at Ally about hurrying up... eating all her breakfast... brushing her teeth. I am not a morning person... so I do not do morning things well. At. All.
I get Ally to school on time... miracle of miracles... and get home to take a shower myself. We are running wicked late as you can see! Luckily, Luke sleeps in and allows me to shower and dress in peace. Thank god for small favors.....
I quickly get ready.... throw some things in a bag for him... and out the door we go... only about 45 minutes behind schedule....
I get to work.... grab MORE caffiene (desperate times people).... and glance down as I'm getting money out of my purse to pay (we have a Starbucks in our building).
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am wearing two different shoes. TOTALLY different. Not the same color. One is a light camel... the other a darker cognac. One has a buckle. One heel is a good 1/4 inch higher than the other. They are both pointy toe stilletos... at least they have that in common.......
WOW! I was more asleep when I left this morning than I thought.......
I have provided everyone in the office with a good laugh. I have stimulated the economy because well, I HAD to buy new shoes! Couldn't go through the day looking like a FREAK! So... one nice pair of black patent leather pumps later - I am matching once again!!!!!!!!!
What a day so far...........
Facial after work! I am looking forward to the solid 60 minutes of PEACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2 comments:
Wow...relax tonite!!!
Hugs,
Mom
what a crack up!! it sounds like you had quite the night. hope you are able to catch up a little on sleep.
Post a Comment