The last two weeks (or more) have been a giant pile of SUCK. There's really no way to sugar coat it. One week of the pukes. Another week of the flu. Even this week isn't going 100% as the kids try to regain their energy. It has sucked. Really.
I almost lost it. Two weeks of staying home and in with the kids. They couldn't really go anywhere... they were too sick. Not to mention, it's not fair to others to continue to spread the wealth. I wish more people would stay HOME with their sick kids. Then again, by this past Saturday, I was locked in the bathroom in the fetal position, crying because I couldn't take the fighting anymore. The kids have spent FAR to much time together.
My amazing hubby spent the day last Saturday moving his grandma... and then, came home to his wife having a breakdown... so he took the kids and went downstairs and kept them there, away from me, for hours. It was heaven. I watched a movie. I laid on the couch. I loved every moment.
None of us had really done anything for weeks except go to work (Scott and I) for short spurts of time. We are a family usually on the go.. so this was a challenge to say the least. And the thing is... we all took turns being sick... so you would have one kid sick as hell and the other healthy, but we couldn't do anything cuz of sick kid #1 and then... the roles would reverse and everyone was just a giant pile of unhappy.
Please let it be over now.
Ally has a gymnastics meet in Holland this weekend. We are leaving early Friday and traveling up there to stay the night before as she has to check in at 8:00 am. We are going to have a little dinner with some other families from the gym and let the kids enjoy some indoor pool time. It should be a nice break. I hope. Really, let's be honest.. I would look forward to anything that gets me out and away from here. ;-)
Tomorrow I have a girls' night out... THANK GOD. Some girls and I are headed to Lansing for some spa time and a dinner out to Mitchell's Fish Market. YUM.... and fun. All in one little trip. Definitely looking forward to that!
Work is going well.... still loving my new calling and my job still doesn't feel like a job. Luke got to work with me today.... and he was an angel boy. So, I rewarded him with some time at the bounce house... but his energy was low and he didn't last long. Oh well. At least he got to do something.
Both kids missed their valentines parties. Big bummers all around. I think Luke is giddy to return to school tomorrow and play and see his friends. Today at the bounce house I noticed he was interacting with other kids... I am always amazed and proud to see him do this as he has come a long way in that department. He's becoming quite the social little guy. I am proud of him for certain.
It's snowing today. I am over snow. I am thankful the end of February is near. Spring cannot come soon enough in my opinion. The sun is not shining and that is depressing. If it's going to be cold and snow, the least the sun could do is shine. It is really so mood enhancing. Sigh.
Winter sucks. I need to learn to love winter.
That said... we are going up north in a couple weeks to stay in a big ole house with a bunch of other families and try our luck at skiing! It's something I've always wanted to try and Ally has really wanted to do.... I will probably hate it... but I want to try and at least we can get away with some super fun people and our kids and try to enjoy this winter wonderland. Gotta learn to embrace this weather. Hibernation is not the best option.... but it's what I gravitate toward.
Well, that was a bummer of a post. ;-) Complaining about sickness... staying home... but it happens. We all have our weeks of suck. Here's hoping you are having a week of non-suck. :-)
Mine is sure to turn around!
No comments:
Post a Comment