Thursday, September 13, 2012

Things I Ponder....

(after a glass of wine or two)

Why does my dog bark at every little thing, a car going by, an ant on the floor, a knock from the kids playing... Yet sits perfectly still as the UPS man drops a package off inside the garage to the door where he sits in his crate inches away and doesn't make a sound???

How does my four year old have such an amazing vocabulary. He uses huge words. His food isn't good or yummy, it's delightful!!!!!

Why do I accomplish ten times more the days I work? Even after I work? I work a day, get the kids here and there, run errands after, make dinner and do things around the house when I get home. I stayed home today an accomplished zero. Didn't even cook. Chinese takeout. Lesson - never be a stay at home mom!!!

Why can my daughter flip on a beam and land on it yet not walk down the hall without bumping into things, tripping and falling?? And why oh why is she such a flippin slob????

Why did my fortune today read "At 20 years of age the will reigns, at 30 the wit and at 40 the judgement". That's just dumb. And not even a fortune!!!

Why oh WHY isn't there a Thai restaurant in Jackson?!?!?!?!

What is it with Doc McStuffins??? Kids love it. Even Ally! The damn song gets stuck in your head for hours. Heaven for kids young and old. Torture for parents everywhere.

Is it just me or do kids have ten times more homework today than we ever had??? Do you remember sitting down with your parents/mom everyday after school and doing homework?? Starting in the first grade??? I sure don't!! But I am that mom now... With more homework than I can handle!

Does everyone feel that their kids are the most difficult in the world? Does everyone out there look at every other mom in the world and think they are ten times the mom they are? Or do I just beat the crap out of myself on a daily basis all alone here???

Why is my husband currently at U of M listening to the CEO of Twitter talk? Oh wait. I know the answer to that. Cuz he's a big ole dork and I love that about him. ;)

And last but not least.... Why does 5:30 am have to be so damn early!? Ready for bed??? Yeah! What a difference it makes the nights I know I have to get up!!!!!

Over and out. :)


2 comments:

Chrystal said...

That is SO funny, I was just talking to my hubby about homework last night - saying my parents didn't help me. But wait, I don't remember having homework when I was in grade school! Maybe studying for a spelling test, but that was it.
Anywho, you are a great mom and I really appreciate the advice you gave me about part-time. You were sooooo right! ;-) I love it!

The Williams said...

You make me laugh...and for what is worth, I think that mom thing is similar to the grass being greener...it always seems better from the outside. Also you are soo right on the homework comment, I never remember doing homework with my parents like I do with my kids.