Like my Facebook status says... "what a difference a year makes!!!" Luke walked into preschool today like a pro. No hesitation. No lack of confidence. No tears. Just a happy, happy boy ready to face the day at school! We got up bright and early to go to Panera as a family and enjoy breakfast. I was SO proud of how the morning was going. I really couldn't even believe it was going so well.......
Then, we got to Panera and Ally says to me "Mommy, my shoes aren't in the car."
WTF?????!!!!!!???????
She jumped in the car without shoes because she thought they were in there. Didn't think to look when we got in the car and were still AT HOME... no, she waited until we were in the Panera parking lot. This is life people. Just when you think everything is rolling along smoothly - BAM! You have a daugther with no shoes..........
Thank god I had my mom's croc flats!! HAHA! I keep forgetting to give them back to her and this must be why. God knew I needed them! ;-) Ally at least could slip those on so we could go into Panera... and Daddy to the rescue... Scott busted ass home to get her shoes.
He met us at school in plenty of time. I was taking pictures (with my real camera - to be uploaded later!) and he pulled up. Of course, Ally was running around the wet grass in her white socks. Sigh. That kid. ;-)
Luke just marched right into school. He held my hand as we walked in. He hung up his backpack. He put away his nap items and his lunch. He slipped on his name tag. I walked him into the room and snapped a few more pics. Walked him in further and told him to have a good day! He said "oh! you're leaving now?" To which I said, "yes." And his response was simply, "Ok! Don't forget your hug!" As if I needed the hug more than he did.
Daddy leaned in for a hug too.... and that was that.... we walked away and even though I looked back, he was fine... which makes me so fine.
Not all the kids and parents were in the same boat... I just wanted to reach out and hug all the moms who had to peel their kids off them... and leave them crying. That was Luke last year. It was hard each and every day for a long, long time.... but now he is a happy, confident boy who knows that school is not a scary place... because he knows mommy and daddy would never send him AND Ally to a place that wasn't filled with love.
He's got this. :-)




1 comment:
Way to go Luke!! That is awesome he is so happy there. Love that little guy.
Post a Comment