Saturday, July 2, 2011

Okay, Okay....

So the comment from my Grandma alone is enough to make me go on.  ;-)  I really wasn't gonna stop blogging all together... well, maybe.... I was just questioning it all I suppose.  No harm in questioning things now and then...  ;-)

Now I know I have a few faithful readers who would miss me if I were gone. So I shall stay.

And major love to all of you back for your super sweet and awesome comments!  I got some emails and private notes too.  Lots of love for the bloggy Nicole.  So you will get more of me I suppose.  Lucky you!!!  HA!

We have had an AWESOME week!!!!  An awesome week. Did I mention that Scott and I went to the U2 concert to kick the week off???  This past Sunday we saw U2 at Spartan Stadium and it was just awesome to see.  Perfect weather. Perfect venue. Always feels so good to be back on campus... even if so many things have changed that it makes me feel super old that my college campus looks nothing like it did when I went there!  UGH!  It was a fun night out for us... only marred ever slightly by Scott's illness.  :(

I pulled myself together to go to work Monday. Was seriously only half awake for the day. Declared "movie night" when I got home to get through the evening with the kids... and went to bed as soon as I put them to bed!

Tuesday, my twin nieces turned one... so we all went out to the pool to celebrate and have dinner. Too bad the weather didn't cooperate. It was a bit chilly and the kids didn't have as much fun as we had hoped, but we made the best of it.  Wednesday Ally had day camp and golf which she still loves - and yes, I picked up as happy a girl as I dropped off - so that was great!  :-)  I even skipped out of work a minute early to have coffee with my cousins... and some much needed girl talk.

Those same awesome cousins (Sarah and Becky) came out to the pool with us Thursday after gymnastics.  We had a great afternoon out there.. and I came home and made an amazing dinner of salmon, pasta and broccoli, which for some reason... Luke actually ATE.  :-)

Friday, my friend Kristen, her three week old and two year old, joined us at the pool... along with Ally's friend Quinn and we spent the entire day playing, swimming and sipping margaritas!  I was so proud of Kristen for venturing out!!!!  Quinn came home with us for a sleepover... and Scott grilled a yummy beef tenderloin which we enjoyed with some wine on the deck while Ally and her friend happily and independently played Life... then, Luke and I watched Curious George and we all fell asleep....

Today.. I spent the morning at Divinity getting a pedicure.... lovely!  I am home alone now, enjoying some solitude as Scott took all the kids to see Cars 2.... and I am catching up on tons of laundry and anticipating my cousins' visit this evening... we shall grill out... sit on the deck and enjoy a tasty beverage and catch up.

I freakin' love summer.  :-)

No comments: