Wednesday, July 20, 2011

You Are My Sunshine

Tonite Luke asked me to sing "The Sunshine Song" to him when I tucked him in. So, knowing what he meant, I sang "You Are My Sunshine". We sing this a lot. He knows most of the words. He listened to me at first... Then he joined in and sang with me. When the song ended, he reached up and gave me a hug and said goodnight. It's one of those moments I want to bottle and save forever. Bring it out in the moments I need to be lifted.

Writing it here is almost as good. I'm pretty sure I can look back at this post, read it and conjure up the feelings.

He is such a sweet boy. :)


-- Post From My iPhone

2 comments:

Kathy said...

How sweet....I can just see him...he truly is an angel for you!
I love you, sweet daughter of mine!

Baci said...

Nika looking forward to your blog about trip and the pictures on the slide at Kiki' with the kids...I can just hear Luke...u r my son shine...love u ..Gramma