Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fourth of July Weekend....

We had a GREAT long weekend!!!  Going into the long weekend knowing I only had two days of work this week was pretty awesome too....  ;-)

Saturday, my cousins Becky and Sarah came over for a cookout that turned into a "cook-in." Well, luckily Scott grilled the chicked before the torrential downpour... so we enjoyed some amazing chicken caesar salad and WINE indoors. Good old fashioned girl talk and a bottle of wine.  Good, good times........

Sunday, we made our way over to Somerset Mall early in the day. I had some returns and purchases to make at Anthro.... and we enjoyed lunch at California Pizza Kitchen... my kids fave by far.  :)  Afterwards we went to Scott's cousin Sarah's Surprise 30th birthday party... and had a nice afternoon visiting with some of his family that we rarely see.  His cousin lives in Commerce Township, but his aunt and uncle in Alabama... so it was nice to see them... and see Sarah's three boys.  Luke even ventured out, got brave and climbed a fence.  :-)

Monday... we went over to my aunt's, where all my family gathered for a good old fashioned American BBQ.... hot dogs... apple pie.... all the best in American fare.  :-)  The kids enjoyed a GIANT blow up water slide/pool that my uncle recently purchased... and let's be honest.... after a few margaritas, some adults really enjoyed it too.  ;-)

Ally had a sleepover at her friend Kennedy's... and had her first tubing on the lake experience.  She loved it..... and is excited to try knee-boarding next... as Kennedy promised that they would do that next time.  I love the experiences she is getting this summer.... it's been such a great time already!!!!!

Today is my "Friday" and I am off work for the next 11 days after today! HOORAY!!!!!  Saturday, we leave bright at early for our vacation to the Outer Banks with Scott's family.  We are staying in Buxton this year, near the lighthouse.  Our cottage is Native Sun.  Cannot wait..... think it's going to be a great time... and I am going into it with a positive attitude, since Luke has been hard to handle down there the last two times we've gone.  We did not go last summer... and I am hoping now he's old enough to enjoy more of what it has to offer.  Back then, he did not enjoy the beach... the sun.. and the pool was iffy.  ;-)  Great for a beach vaction in the heat.  :-)))))))

I am going to spend the next couple days doing laundry.... packing and getting any last minute items we need.  For some reason, this is the least stressed I've EVER been before this trip... or maybe any trip with my kids.  This will be the first time we go and I don't have to worry about diapers... or special cups or bottles... or any of it! I can just pack my kids clothes, some sunscreen and GO!  I am feeling great and loving this lighter burden of travel!!!

So..... next week will be quiet around blog land (Grandma!!!)... so don't expect any updates until after I return!  I will, however, try to post some pics from the Fourth.... and the "kids" playing on the water structure.  :-)

1 comment:

Baci said...

NIKA...told you I am always checking...thanks for the heads up on no blog and have a wonderful time ...it was nice at Kiki's also...fun time on slide, too bad Ally had to leave...Love you ..Gramma xoxo