Friday, May 13, 2011

Long Time, No Blog...

So, it's been a while.  First of all - anyone who was "following" the saga of Ally on the other blog... it's gone... for a few reasons. One, I just can't keep up with one, let alone two. It wasn't the help I thought it would be writing in all out and venting....  Two, things are going okay... I guess I had this vision that I would have these battles to write about and that's just not happening. While we have taken some steps back after many weeks of good times... things are still improving... and well, I'm sick of saying "I don't have much to report!"  :-)))))

That said, Ally has been struggling this past week starting last weekend. And, I've been sick most of this week and struggling to work and parent, let alone really parent her the way she needs to be. So, this week has been about survival.  I have a horrid cold.  It's making me tired, keeping me from enjoying the weather and generally making me grumpy. Who has time for crap like this?  Sickness makes me angry. Nice attitude huh.....

We have been busy.  My mom was in town from April 29 through May 7.... so we did a lot while she was here.  Lots of family gatherings, meals out and the like.  My great uncle was really sick there for a while... he's been battling cancer and doing well, the tumor is all but gone... but the chemo and radiation are doing him in. He fought off pneumonia last week and it was touch and go... but it looks like he will pull through. My aunt's dad just died, which breaks my heart.  And... we are supposed to get together for another aunt's 50th birthday celebration tomorrow... hopefully, most of us can still make it. Dinner at Klavons and off to a Lugnuts game.  Hopefully the weather cooperates.

Spring is in full force. I am itching to get the back yard and deck in order.  Last year we put a new deck and fence in... this year is the year to make it all look a little nicer! We have to landscape around the perimeter of the fence and get some giant pots of flowers for these platforms on the deck.  I want some color out there against that huge white expanse of fence!!!!  I don't know what to do about the play structure that we have for the kids that is outside the fence. It's not super convenient for them to get to. Hard with the dogs.  I would maybe like a smaller one inside the fence?  I don't know..... I hate to spend a lot and have them not even care.... or play on it!  Which is totally more likely....

Ally only has four weeks left of school! I am cautiously looking forward to the summer.  I hope we can maintain some routine for her to maintain stability in all that we are trying to do.  She will have gymnastics twice a week... which I think is a good thing.  She will go to Nana and Papa's on Monday and Wednesdays. Tuesdays, she will be with a friend in the morning until gymnastics.  A wonderful mom of a friend she is in school with and gymnastics with, offered to have Ally over each Tuesday!  And then, she will have gymnastics again Thursdays.. but I am off and can take her.  I am off Thursdays and Fridays....

We joined the Country Club recently, so we can enjoy lots of time at the pool there this summer. With as much as I will be off, it will be nice to have a summer-long place to "vacation!"  I plan to spend many afternoons lounging with the kids, sipping a beverage.  Ally is going to do some of the day camps they have out there and is thinking about Junior Golf since a couple of her friends do it.  We shall see.

We have one big vacation planned to Cape Hatteras with Scott's family.  We are staying in Buxton at THIS COTTAGE

That should be a good time.  Scott and I will take other time off together, we just don't have any big trips planned just yet. We gave up the South Haven vacation to have the summer at the pool... but a long weekend here or there... or some "staycations" might be in order. Who knows....

I have a girls' weekend coming up in June.  Two of my best friends are turning 35 and it's my half birthday too... so we decided to celebrate... we are trying to get a hotel in Chicago, but there is a big half marathon the weekend we want so Chicago is booked. Even though the girls live in Chicago, they want to be out of their house and vacation in the city they never vacation in!  And, one of them is married with kids and that's not much of a girls' weekend now is it!?  ;-)

We need to get Ally to Chicago this summer... she always needs a little catch up with her friend Isabel.  We need to take some day trips to South Haven. I drove there this past week for a meeting.. and I always forget how very close it really is.  Easy to do in a day!

It is the season of bridal showers and weddings and we have a couple.  Graduation parties... we have at least one. And who knows what else.  Summer to me is just enjoying as much time as you can with your favorite people... and I plan to do just that. So come on summer... you can arrive any time as far as I'm concerned.........

No comments: