Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Goin' It Solo....

This week I am a single parent while Scott is out of town!  He left Sunday morning before the kids even got up... so I got to break the news to them.  Luke doesn't really care.  He only brings Daddy up when he's mad at me.  Last night at bedtime, I was the "meanest mommy ever" and he wished "daddy would come home right now."   ;-)

Ally was pretty bummed.  She cried for a while... and I let her work through her disappointment.  She is okay though, no acting out as a result... actually, if anything, she is trying extra hard to be more good than usual.  It's really odd, the kids tend to be better behaved if only one of us is home with them.  It's a very good thing, don't get me wrong... just odd!  But, boy am I thankful, cuz I don't think I could cope with them both melting down and me going in alone for a week!

Sunday was a down day for us. What crap weather. Seriously.  I am so over this cold. This rain.  This is just crap!  We watched movies and picked up the house... and generally did nothing. I had zero energy. And the kids were cooperative with that.  Sometimes they can be little angels.  ;-)

Monday we all had to get out of the house on time... have it ready for the cleaning lady... dogs put away downstairs.. check made... and lots of little things done.  I did it!  Got Ally to school on time and everything.  Huge kudos for me.  Yesterday, we didn't even get home until almost 6:30... so it was a quick dinner, clean up and some play time and stories before bed!  Luke fought bed time like he always does the days he takes a nap... we don't go in his room anymore... we put him down and he essentially tries to manipulate us into coming in for about an hour sometimes.  At first , it was back and forth... then, we started explaining we were NOT coming in anymore... we don't.... and he still tries. We talk to him from the hall, our room or wherever we are... and mostly, he just wants to know that we're still there.  He works it though... with his "Mommy!?  I just love you!!!" and his "You are the bestest Mommy ever!  Goodnight!"  Oh that kid is good..................

Ally has been working to "earn" sleeping with me while Scott is gone.  If she is good and does everything that she should without complaint each evening, she can sleep with me.  It's working quite well... and we talk every night that when Daddy returns, this slumber party ends... and she cannot complain about going back to her bed or it won't happen again when Daddy goes away.  We have never, ever allowed the kids to sleep with us... worrying that it is a slippery slope... but I am keeping my fingers crossed that she is old enough to enjoy this as a "perk" and go back to business as usual upon Scott's return.  I also really enjoy the warm body next to me in bed.  ;-)

This morning was a little more hairied.  I got up fifteen minutes later... and boy what a difference those minutes made!!!!  I had to get the garbage out... dogs fed... kids fed... dogs out... and kids ready...... oh, and myself which is no small task...... but we did it on time once again. I had to literally drop Luke and run... but Ally got to school at 8:04 and the bell rings at 8:10 .  YAY me..........  :-))))))

Tonite, we have therapy after school...... and a later get home time once again. That's the one thing I hate about therapy for Ally... I get home like I work full time on Tuesdays... and it reminds me why that sucked so bad.... starting dinner at 6/6:30 is not cool.

I am busy at work this week... working toward a Wednesday deadline on a project... so that adds a little more stress than the average week. But we are powering through............ Scott will be home Thursday night and I am more than thrilled that he and I already had a date night planned for Friday night........ we will need it!!  :-)

No comments: