Yep... I'm givin' myself some kudos. I have rocked this week! We are running like a finely tuned machine, the kids and I. I am keeping to a schedule... a routine... checkin' things off my list, but keeping expectations low and things simple. And it's going great! The house is completely picked up and in order. I have remembered to take the garbage out, the recycling out (no small task!!!), feed the dogs, let them in and out, and get the kids fed each morning. These are Scott's "usual" daily jobs... and I have incorporated them into mine.
Sure... Ally has gotten to school at 8:04 two days in a row, and then, today, 8:09.... but that's ON TIME!!! ;-) Sure I drop Luke and run all the while he's screaming "one more kiss mommy" and breaking my heart... but we are doing just fine.
Wednesdays are a nice, early home day. I get Ally, get Luke and am home by 4 at the latest. That means we can make a more elaborate dinner... accomplish more of our weekly homework... and maybe enjoy some more time together. Ally has been happy to step up and help... helping me haul out the six recycling bins and tons of extra cardboard this morning. Happy to help me get Luke up... and do her normal tasks of her own dishes, laying out her clothes, getting dressed and her homework. I am very proud of her this week and thankful for her attitude. Therapy rocked yesterday... and we both left feeling hopeful and happy.
And, here it is.. Wednesday... my final work day! I had a busy work week... but got everything done and rocked it (if I do say so myself once again!). A glass of wine for me tonite. Yes sir. I've earned it.
1 comment:
Nice work! Do you give lessons? I need all the help I can get :) Russ is coaching and going to school, so I've been doing the solo thing for a while and I'm a bit stressed to say the least. Maybe wine would help! :)
Post a Comment