Thursday, May 5, 2011

First Communion...

Ally's First Communion was this past Sunday.  It was such a wonderful day!!!!  Ally was very excited to dress up in her white dress and wear some new jewelry we got her. I ended up getting her an "add a pearl" necklace, but she informed me she likes the necklace as it is and doesn't want to change it. We will see how she feel about that as the years go by.

We got to mass nice and early and were able to capture many gorgeous pictures with Ally and some of her friends.  The mass itself was amazing.  Father Tim did a great job... he brought the kids up on the altar for the homily... the link to the YouTube Video captured by Ally's teacher's hubby can be seen HERE.

It was a really emotional day for me... and I could tell it was for Ally too. Months of prep have gone into this day. It was more than the dress, the party, the gifts.... it was the sacrament and Ally really knew that. It is amazing to watch your child learn about faith... and I am more than proud of her.

She was exhausted after the mass... and ready to get home. She didn't even want to stay in her dress for long... she wanted to be comfy... and I went with the flow on that one. Even though I didn't get a single picture with her myself... or half the pictures I wanted to get... but that's okay. What I did capture, I love and cherish...











1 comment:

Urquhart Family said...

She looks beautiful, Nicki!! I remember my own First Communion day so well...and I know she will too. It's amazing to see faith through the eyes of our children!!