It has not been the best of weeks. I'm not gonna lie. I woke up Monday morning, feeling great! Went to work... and slowly, as the morning went along, I could feel myself coming down with something. It hit me like a truck.... and by that evening, I was full-fledged sick as a dog. :-(
Then, we get a terrible call, informing us that my brother-in-law's father, Allan, had passed away. Someone we all know and love to pieces. One of the greatest men I know. The kindest man I've ever met. He always had a smile on his face and love in his heart. He was truly, truly, a great man. He was 55. A heart attack came and ripped him right out of the lives of everyone he loved....
Both Scott and I were rocked to our core with the news. It was just so awful to think of Adam without his dad, who he did so much with. Awful to think of Ann without her partner. Of Grace, Jilli and Lyla without their Papa.
I continued to get more and more sick... from the news and from what I assume is a horrid cold. I haven't gotten dressed or left the house in two days. I am pulling it together for visitation and Ally's open house at school tonite. But, mostly, I just want to lay in bed with my heating pad.
Craptastic week indeed....
We got a ton more snow. I'm so over the snow. So ready to move anywhere that doesn't have snow. Ever. Ally had a snow day yesterday... and Scott stayed home too, thank god. Not sure I could have taken care of the kids like this. Ally went to school today, for that I too am thankful... cuz she requires a lot more interaction (who knew!?) than Luke who was happy to lay around with me all day and do nothing at all.
So... it's just been one of those weeks I am happy to see come to an end soon... we all have 'em. Hope yours is going better.....
3 comments:
I'm so sorry, Nicki. My thoughts & prayers are with your whole fam.
Nicki, such sad news. My prayers go out to Adam, Jane and the girls, as well as your family.
So sorry to hear that news. I hope you are starting to feel better. We will keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. God Bless.
Post a Comment