But, the fact that she was still excited and wanted to go back, told me that it couldn't have been ALL THAT BAD.... so I was encouraged by this!
I took her and plan to for the rest of the week. Under normal circumstances, Scott will take her on his way to work because he drives right past the school, and it's out of my way. I also need to be to work before school starts because of my part-time hours.... but we are working around that for this week only. Ally wants her mommy and I am happy to oblige.
Day Two was the first uniform day!
She can still wear her cute pink shoes, which she loves... but all in all, the uniform doesn't phase her, in fact I think she likes it!
One of the girls in Ally's class had told her she would look out for her on the playground and make sure she knew how to line up..... little did I know that we would be met with a whole gaggle of girls when we got there. I was so amazed by their kindness.... and how much they genuinely wanted to help and be there for Ally. I was worried that her hesitation and tears the day before would put them off..... but they were all so sweet!!! I was able to make a quick get-a-way and there were no tears!!! What a relief......
I went off to work for the day and returned to pick her up after...... she was smiling and happy when she got in the car, even though she was dying of thirst! :-) It was 91 degrees and I can imagine fairly warm in their classroom too! I try to ask her about her day without being too nosey. That delicate balance of making sure she's okay without scaring her off. I want her to talk to me, but I have to walk a fine line.
I asked about lunch (a very important social event you know!) and she said it went great, even though she didn't really like the chicken nuggets. She said she ate them because she was starving.... which was great to hear because she hadn't really eaten anything in two days and was complaining of stomach aches.
She told me stories of girl conversations... and singing Camp Rock songs together... and doing cartwheels. All good things........ this warms a mom's heart!
This morning, I walked her to the playground once again.... and, once again, she was greeted by smiling little girls.... this time, screaming her name and announcing they like her headband. :-) Girls.... ;-)
I hope today goes even better!!!!!!


1 comment:
OKay!!!!!!! Sounds like she made the adjustment! It will become so routine shortly...She'll be invited to sleepovers, and you will have to go to LC football games so she can "socialize" and your life will evolve around the kids and their activities (like it doesn't already). Sounds like life has come full circle....I can see you and Sharin, and Angie and all your St Joes friends all over again....Love you honey!
Post a Comment