Thursday, September 23, 2010

Such a BIG Boy...

This past weekend, Scott and I went to Chicago (more on that next post!) and when we came home, Nana had taken Luke shopping to pick out his very own "big boy underwear!"  He chose Cars.... and that weekend, he wore big boy pants with only one accident the entire time!!!!

Of course, we took him home and he proceeded to pee instantly on the living room chair, but that was just our welcome home gift.  Or punishment for leaving him in the first place.  ;-)

He has worn his big boy underwear every waking hour since then, and has not had a single accident!  Not ONE!!!!  (okay, I might not be counting #2 here.... but I consider that secondary! ha!)  We have been putting him in a diaper at naptime, but he wakes up completely dry..... and this morning, he woke up totally dry from the night!!!!  In the process of changing, he peed a little and we rushed to the potty and he damn near filled up that little potty!  I have never seen him pee so much!!!!!!!!!  I was so proud of him.... I gave him chocolate at 7:30 am.  :)

He is not 100% on board with this every moment. Getting him to actually go is a struggle.  He does not tell us yet... and he does not go and sit on the little potty without some talking into the whole thing!  Bribery is huge around here too.... as in "I will make you chocolate milk if you go...." or the ever so popular chocolate.  I am not opposed to bribing my children for good behavior. I think it does deserve a reward and is not always to be expected.  It's hard to be good sometimes.  ;-)

I cannot express how proud I am of Luke and his potty training!  Yesterday, after I picked him up around 3:30.... we were out and about all night until 8:30 and he didn't have a single accident. I took the little potty with us... and he went once, at the park in the back of our SUV, around 5:30/6.... and then, again when we got home around 8:30/9.  He's holding it.  He knows not to go in his underwear.  He is rocking this potty training business!

With Ally, we tried the pull ups thing.... which just did not work for her. She was smart enough to know they were not underwear and she could still go in them!  So.... once we went cold turkey to underwear, she too "got it!"  The only trouble we had was #2 and I expect Luke will be similar. But, first things first and and he is doing so well.  :-)

Such a big little man, my Lukie.............

2 comments:

Russ and Karen Gaston said...

Amazing, good job Luke! I need tips, PLEASE. I've heard boys are harder to train than girls, but you give me hope that I won't have a 4 year old in diapers still!

Leslie Collins said...

way to go, luke!!!! :)