I cannot believe that summer is coming to an end!!!! Ally starts school at Queens tomorrow! 8:10 am... Monday, August 30... Ally becomes a Second Grader! Holy Hannah! When did THAT happen????
I am so excited for her. She is giddy and has been bouncing off the walls to start for the past two weeks. I just hope that everything goes as well as she thinks it will. It still is a NEW school and I have no doubt there will be a period of adjustment for her. New friends to make, new buildings to get used to.... and let's not discount the fact that she will be adjusting to a Catholic school... with the addition of religion into her daily studies.
I am truly excited for her in every regard! I am so thrilled she is as excited as she is. I hope we can both fall asleep tonight! :-)
We have had such a great summer. We didn't go on any big vacation or anything like that, but it was all the little things we did together that added up to one great summer break! It was the first summer I was working part time and we were able to do SO MUCH more as a result of that. We took many trips to Nixon Pool, The Treehouse, Kids -n- Stuff, hands on museums, Cascades, Java Jungle, BRIARWOOD, and the zoo just to name a few. We had lots of fun playdates and hung out with Kristen and Rhen a TON! It was just a really, really great summer... and I hope we can continue the fun into the school year too as I will be working just three days during these coming months!
With Ally in school in town, I have some flexibility with the time I have to leave work! I don't have to leave half an hour before she gets out... add to that Queens gets out later, and we can add some hours to my days..... VOILA.... three working days. It will be stressful in some ways, trying to get everything in three days... but leave me the time I need the other days to do other things.... and allow my in-laws the much needed break they need from Luke. ;-) Three days doesn't seem like as much to ask... or it feels better anyway... they do so very much for us....
So, I plan to work Mondays through Wednesdays... and we shall see how it goes! Most of Ally's days off during the year are Fridays... with some half days on Thursdays... so that works well. I hope to be able to attend the events in her classroom that I want and need to be at.... very much just looking forward to the year! (if you couldn't tell!)
I will leave you with some parting pics... from recent events.... as we bring our summer to a close! Here's to the Second Grade.....
1 comment:
What wonderful memories you are making! Enjoy...it will go so fast!
Mom
Post a Comment