Thursday, December 17, 2009

White Christmas...

This past Sunday afternoon, Ally and I put on our red and went to see White Christmas at the Wharton Center! Ally had been seeing advertisements on TV for the show and begging to go. I had also been wanting to take her to some sort of Christmas show, a LIVE show, this season as well. When I first checked for tickets though, they didn't have anything too great. We would have been up in the balcony... which was fine.... it's just for 60-some bucks a piece, I was hoping for something more....

So, I held out on the recommendation of a co-worker and sure enough... the week of the show, they released some tickets and we got Row D!!!! The seats were GREAT... and we were right up front for all the action... but not too close that you didn't appreciate all the big dance numbers!

Ally was in awe most of the show. When we first got there, she was just in awe of being in the theater. I just so love to see her excited for live shows like that. I will NEVER forget my first real theater experience with my mom! We went to see Les Miserables at Wharton and she too got GREAT last minute seats.... that show changed my life.... that sounds dramatic, but it's true! It made me LOVE the theater! I went on to see Les Mis at least four or five more times.... and start traveling all over to see shows. I've been lucky enough to see shows on Broadway a few times. LOVE IT!

I allowed Ally to pick out whatever she wanted at the "souvenir" table... and she chose a stuffed bear. Ugh. Okay. $25 for a bear. :-) But, she loves that damn bear. She hugged him all through the show........

We got chocolate at intermission.... and she was so glad that it wasn't "over yet!" She would get al ittle antsy at times, but for the most part, sat throught he show and enjoyed every minute. She would light up during the big dance scenes and just look over at me and smile. It was awesome.........

The hightlight by far though, was at the very end when the cast sings "White Christmas" and it actually "snowed" on us inside the theater!!!!!! At first it was snowing on the stage and Ally was in awe... and then, it started to snow on us. She just beamed.... it was worth every penny for that one moment............ so cool.................

She and I went to Mitchells afterwards for an early dinner. She loves shrimp. I have created a monster. Some of Ally's favorite foods are salmon and shrimp. The girl's got taste, what can I say? So... I enjoyed a glass of wine and some sea bass.... she enjoyed her grilled shrimp and the waiter gushed over how gorgeous she was and made her a special sundae. It was quite the perfect girl's day out!!!!!!!!

Ally must have thoroughly enjoyed it too... to the point of exhaustion... cuz she passed out cold on the way home!!!!





2 comments:

Leslie Collins said...

What a fun time. I can't wait until Reyna & Ruby are old enough to take them to stuff like this.

Kathy said...

Oh how I remember it all...and re-living it through you and your daughter is priceless....

Thank you, Nina, for the memories you cherish...I cherish them too!

Love, Mom