I love these things... LOVE THEM cuz I'm a dork like that. Or maybe I think others actually CARE what I have to say. :-) I love reading them on others' blogs... so I am going to copy it. Plus, I'm eating lunch at my desk in the midst of a day of insanity and could use the mental break!
Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper usually.... all the gifts under the tree are wrapped. I used to go overboard with bows and ribbon before I had kids. Kids do not care! Sometimes, if a gift is an odd shape and it is being taken someplace else, I will throw it in a gift bag because I always have a million on hand!
Real or fake tree? Real, thanks to my hubby. I never had a real tree growing up and was very accustomed to the ease of the fake tree you assembled. He was having none of that when we got married, so we now get a real one. I now prefer the real tree but that's because he usually deals with the hassle of it. :-) This year, we went and got the tree on a Sunday afternoon when the orchard was dead... we picked it out, and while we went inside to pay for it, someone wrapped it up and tied it to our car. Customer service at it's finest! Easy peasy!
When do you put up the tree? Now this is where my hubby and I disagree.. he has this thing about putting it up too early.... he would like to put it up within two weeks of Christmas, and I would like to put it up Thanksgiving weekend. He's afraid it's gonna die, get too dry, whatever. I say water it and run a humidifier... and vacuum up the needles. :-) We compromised this year... the weekend in between Thanksgiving and the two week mark before Christmas.
Do you like eggnog? No, I just can't get over how thick it is.... gives me the chills just thinkin' about it!
Favorite gift received as a child? Barbie dream house. Hands down best Christmas ever!
Hardest person to buy for? No one...... I love buying gifts and consider myself damn good at it! :-)
Easiest person to buy for? Kids for sure! Specifically, Ally. She's like her Mom and has a running wish list at all times....... and is not afraid to share. She also puts together a mean Christmas List, categorized, in order of preference. She is so my daughter!
Do you have a nativity scene? Yes we do! It's the Willow Tree scene and the kids love it... especially Luke. He likes the donkey the best... calls it a horse... and puts it random places. Like the dishwasher.
Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail! I used to be very traditional and only wanted to send out cards that I had to actually sign my name to. Then, I had kids. F that. Now peeps get the photo card with my name printed on it. God bless that invention. This year, we ran the envelopes through the printer too. Hell yes we did! :-)
Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Painted scene sweatshirt with a built in collar (that made it look like you were wearing a shirt underneath). Pretty.
Favorite Christmas movie? National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. HILARIOUS! It makes me laugh every time......
When do you start shopping? I'm always shopping... there is never a time in the year I'm NOT shopping..... :-) But, I usually start around Thanksgiving sometime.
Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so. This year, I am going to recylce a present...... Luke recieved three of one thing last birthday... and a child in our life is going to get one of them. Brand new. In box. Same as I could buy this year! :-)
Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Sugar cookies... love me some sugar cookies!
Lights on the tree? Yepper... small white lights and not enough this year but I'm not going to complain cuz I didn't put them up!
Favorite Christmas songs? Oh Holy Night, Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree, River
Travel at Christmas or stay home? A bit of both I guess.... home on Christmas morning for kids... then, we usually have dinner at Scott's parents and have a low key day there. Christmas Eve, we will probably go see my Grandma and family....
Can you name all of Santa's Reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen...... does Rudolph count?
Angel on the tree top, or a star? We own both... but an angel is up there this year.
Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning for the kids and mine and Scott's exhange.
Favorite ornament theme or color? No theme or color scheme.... I like the mismatched ornaments that I have gotten over the years that remind me of something that happened in my life.... most of my ornaments were given to me in my lifetime from my mom and she always gave us one that signified our year. I love that! I can look back on the ornament with the tan santa under the palm tree and remember that was the year we went to Hilton Head for Spring Break and I got FRIED!!!!! Or the year we got our dog Shadow... stuff like that. She always wrote on them and dated them and I love that....... am trying to do it for my kids too!
What do you want for Christmas this year? I always want something... I'm just that way. :-) I would like Ugg slippers, a new robe, anything Tiffany or an SLR camera!
1 comment:
Love this post....I am so glad you enjoy Christmas!!!! Expect another box for the kids coming soon...let them open on Christmas Eve, or sooner, if you like.
Love, Mom
Post a Comment