Sunday, December 6, 2009

Christmas Tree...

We decided to get our Christmas tree today.... haven't done so yet... but we are going to after Luke wakes up from his nap. Right now, I am sitting here with some time on my hands. Of course, there are about a thousand other things I should or could be doing... but I'm not. I am enjoying the aroma of turkey noodle soup simmering in the kitchen (our dinner this evening)... and watching Ally do an art project. Scott is at the store picking up noodles for his soup. Oh how I enjoy a hubby that loves to cook!!!!!

The rest of our Christmas stuff is out already... we did that yesterday afternoon. Listened to Christmas music.... danced around the house as we put the decor up. Luke has been such the helper. He will not leave the nativity alone.... he must carry the animals around. I found the donkey in the dishwasher this morning. Nice. Must consider investing in the Fisher Price nativity for the kids! I hate to tell them to leave the nice one alone... it's all a part of the magic for them, ya know?

I remember just being so excited to get all the decorations out... as we pulled everything out, I had such great memories and it seemed that each item evoked an awesome feeling! I love seeing that in my kids. Well, in Ally at this point at least.

We have an advent calendar, and she loves to put the ornament on it each day and press the star which makes Jingle Bells play. This is her favorite tradition so far. She gets so excited when we put that calendar up..... :-)

I love getting all the ornaments out. Love it. My mom always got us a new ornament every year... and it signified something from that past year. I can look back on all those ornaments now and it's a "this is your life" trip down memory lane. I love that most of all!!!! I am trying to do the same for my kids... and our family. We try to get a family ornament that signifies our year. We don't always remember to do it.. but I want to try harder to do that... for us and for each of the kids. I know I like looking back on my ornaments.... hope Ally and Luke will be able to do that someday....

We have had a good weekend. Yesterday, Scott and I went to Vinology in Ann Arbor to celebrate my birthday. I am 34. Wow. ;-) I got all dressed up in my new black dress (see previous wish list) and my new black boots from NYC. We had a very yummy dinner... a great bottle of wine... then, walked down to The Black Pearl for a martini after..... a very nice, adult night out! We love and miss Ann Arbor so much. Just being there reminds me of how much....

I had a great actual birthday day and evening this past week.... Jane and Adam were kind enough to throw a little gathering for me and made me a yummy dinner of roasted squash soup!!!! Jane made me a photo album - which I absolutely love and can't thank her enough for.... and my in-laws gave me the black scarf and gloves I have been in love with and wanting! Scott gave me a most amazing Pandora bracelet..... LOVE IT! I was quite spoiled this birthday..... :-)

Well, the peace is coming to a close. Scott is back. Ally is itching to do something.... and I should get dressed and ready to go before the Little Man wakes up!!!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:

Urquhart Family said...

I have to laugh because I'm going through the same thing with the nativity. It's altered at all times of the day. Yesterday, baby Jesus was missing...a camel was in his place. I finally found him this morning in the refrigerator next to an apple. ;-)