Better late than never!!!!
Last Sunday we went and got our Christmas tree at Glei's... where we have gone each year that we have lived here in Concord. And that has been SEVEN YEARS! Holy cow! When did THAT happen!? Our "five year" house turned into seven. I would imagine many people are saying that these days....
At any rate. We took a look at our calendar and realized if we didn't go get the tree that day, we would have no time at all. The week that week was full of evening events for one or both of us, each night. The weekend was full. Then, it was the week before Christmas and that was just too late! So... we bundled up and loaded up the kids... and drove to Glei's...
It was absolutely freezing that Sunday!!!!!! Cold, cold, cold!!!!! We arrived and looked at all the freshly cut trees. Last year, we had such a debacle... that we decided to downsize our tree this year. We got a very nicely shaped little Douglas Fir. Let them know which one we wanted. We took the tag off the tree... and went inside to choose a poinsettia. While we had that wrapped and paid for them both, the fabulous customer service that is Glei's wrapped up our tree and strapped it to the top of our car!!!!! It was awesome!
We got it home and set it up in the house, but had to let it sit for a day before decorating it. "To let the branches fall" or some such thing. :-) This is Scott's "rule". It's hard on Ally cuz she's just so excited to get it and decorate it all... and since I am with her, it's hard one me too. :-) Our personalities are similar, her and I. Scott can wait. What crap! ;-)
So, we actually decorated the tree on Monday evening........ I already shared my Luke story. He was so funny with the "ball"... I love that kid! What follows is a series of pictures in complete REVERSE order of how they actually occurred. For some reason all my pictures uploaded backwards and I can't move them around. Frustrating....
So, I recommend scrolling down to the bottom and working your way up to enjoy the photo portion of this story! :-)
Luke loved to dance to the Christmas music and turn it up loud!
Such helpers! Our adorable little man
A rare shot of mom and Luke!
Luke, Daddy and Ally
Luke all bundled up to get the tree! He can barely move in there!

1 comment:
And a great time was had by all!!!!! Enjoy!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment