Monday, March 2, 2009

I Heart Chicago..

Do you ever feel that you belong somewhere? I do. Sometimes I really feel like I belong in Chicago. Yes, it's still the Midwest and it's as cold and dreary as Michigan... but there is something about the city of Chicago that brings me great joy and peace. Maybe it's because I DON'T live there... I don't know... but every time I go, it feels just like home.

This past weekend, Ally and I went to Chicago to stay with the Hopsons. Ally and Isabel are just the cutest pair ever and this weekend was no exception. They spent the weekend listening and dancing to Hannah Montana, playing with their mom's iPhones, putting on makeup, giggling and just being girls. It warms my heart to watch them and see, in them, the same friendship their moms have. How lucky are two best friends to have daughters that are best friends?

Let's see how they feel about one another in their teenage years. :-)

The weekend was full of shopping, sushi, martinis, talking, laughing, dancing, and hangovers. Everything a girls' weekend SHOULD be!!!!! The little girls went without the martinis and subsequent hangovers. HA!

We went to Rise... our absolutely favorite sushi place. They make the BEST ginger martinis in the world. Beth is partial to the key lime martini... but I'm a ginger girl.

We went to Moe's Tavern after Rise and drank more than we should have and danced the night away.....

Beth's wonderful husband, Scott watches the kids so we can have this time together when I go. We love you Scott!!!! You truly do rock to put up with our silliness and drunkenness!!! Not to mention, the additional people living in your household!

Ally never wants to leave when we go. It's the hardest thing getting her out the door and yesterday was no exception. I really had no desire to leave either as I am always so comfortable when I'm chillin' at the Hopson's casa.

We got home late last night and Ally and I are two tired girls, but it is always worth it for time with friends. Tomorrow Ally has her surgery at 9:00 am. She has to be there to register at 8:00 am and cannot eat breakfast or even drink any water. That should make for an interesting morning as I can already hear the whining.... "But I'm so hungry.... and thirsty...." I can hear it as clear as day in my mind's ear....

I hope it all goes well. It is a minor surgery, yes... but still always worrisome to have your child put completely "under."

Keep us in your thoughts!!!!!

1 comment:

Leslie Collins said...

It's nice you have friends in Chicago to visit!

Hope the surgery goes well. Yes, it is still scary, no matter what kind of procedure.