Thursday, March 5, 2009

It's Getting Harder and Harder to Breathe...

Holy hannah this cold SUCKS!!!! I woke up today not only extremely stuffed up and unable to breathe through my nose, but completely and totally dizzy. I am so dizzy I can barely see straight! I am truly hoping some sudafed helps here cuz this is unbelievable!

Yesterday, I picked Ally up from Nana and Papa's right after she got off the bus (along with Luke too) because my in-laws have the evil cold as well and I didn't want to burden them any more than needed! Ally was a wreck. Of course, she wanted to spend time with her Nana and most definitely did NOT want to come home. Once we get home, she is more than fine.. but the process is always an ordeal.

She was NOT looking good last night and actually asked me if she could NOT go to school today. She never asks such things as she absolutely LOVES school, so how could I say no to that??? She is obviously not feeling well. So, Luke, Ally and I are all home this morning... feeling miserable together. Luke seems to be handling it the best of all of us. He finally slept from 7:30 to 7:30. He's been having a tough time getting through the nights lately and waking at 6:00 am! Not acceptable!!!

So, everyone slept until about 7:30 this morning and we all got up and have had breakfast... I am pouring coffee down my throat as fast as I can in hopes that it, too will help me! I can't remember the last time my head was this congested and I was this PLUGGED!!!!! I can't stop sneezing or blowing my nose. SUCKS!

My creative little girl is sitting at the table next to me, making "glasses" out of paper! I kid you not, this kid amazes me sometimes with her creativity! She created paper glasses because she saw on the Today Show, a segment on glasses. She is now coloring them. I am beyond impressed. I have the creativity of a rock. ;-)

Luke is stealing her crayons and knocking over her box of crayons and generally trying to be a pain in the butt. She is completely patient with him. More patient than I am most days! She still continues to impress me when it comes to relating to her little brother. This morning she asked me "Mommy, is he the ONLY little brother I am going to have?"

HAHAHA!!!!! Oh yeah little girl..... this is it. No more little brothers or sisters for that matter! No more babies for me!

Which leads me to respond to some blogs I've recently read... it seems like a lot of women out there (that I come into contact with) are experiencing "baby fever!" As I read all of this, I cannot help but feel.... "what is wrong with me????" I have to admit... I have NEVER experienced such a phenomenon. Not at all. Not even before I had my two babies... I was never really crazy into having a baby.

Does that sound awful? Don't get me wrong... I love my children. I cannot imagine life without them... and I remember the feeling of really crazily wanting Ally. I miscarried my first pregnancy and I was devastated by the loss... so I was pretty crazy with wanting to have a baby right away just to KNOW THAT I COULD, ya know???? It was hard to lose your first and wonder if you would be able to conceive again or carry a baby to term at all. But, we had Ally, no problems, no complications.... pregnant on the "first try" after we could start trying again! LOL!!!

After Ally..... it took me a long.... long... long time before I was really ready to have another. I will freely admit to anyone who asks, that I was quite content with just Ally. But, Scott was another story... even Ally jumped on the sibling bandwagon. And, well, I wasn't opposed to it... I was just and am still not that "baby fever" girl... so I was content. Life was full for me... I didn't feel a part was missing.

Don't get me wrong! I love Luke! I cannot imagine life without him and I am thrilled we chose to have another... it is ten times the work (not just two times for some reason!) and he is a bigger challenge as a baby than Ally ever was... but he lights up our lives and he was meant to be here with us. This I know in my heart.

But, I am so done! :-) No more babies for me. No fever. No desire. Does this make me crazy? Different? Odd? It's hard to read all the blogs out there and wonder what is wrong with me that I do not possess this feeling at all! I hated being pregnant. The thought of the first six weeks of sleeplessness gives me hives.

Wow... how do I get off on these tangents? Forgive my rant.... my head is beyond not clear today!!!!!

5 comments:

Kelly said...

You are not crazy. I am the same way. I will tell people straight out that one was enough for me and I have no desire to have more children. It's not that I hate babies or kids. I hated pregnancy. I hated labor. I hated the lack of sleep.

Kathy said...

Well, my dear little one, if truth be told...I was never into the "baby thing" either...when I found out I was pregnant with you, my neighbor came running over with coupons for diapers and everything..I just looked at her and thought...What???? Then, of course, Dave was not on the planned list either...so your "disease"ust just be from heredity! Still, I'm glad I had you, aren't you?????
Mom

Nicole said...

Yuck.... I hope the cold passes through quickly!

Before having Porter I thought we'd have 3 kids... that was the plan. Then I had Porter and up until he was about 18 months old I felt like I'd be 100% fine if I only ever had him. And then all of a sudden I was like "OMG let's have another!" and well, now we have Hudson. While I was pregnant with Hudson I was 100% positive I didn't want anymore kids after him.... I really dislike pregnancy and I'm a total bitch when I'm pregnant. Now that Hudson is here I find myself thinking... OMG its so cool to have 2 kids... 2 totally different little people.... let's have like FOUR! HAHAHAH! Really, though, we'll probably have 3 and maybe down the road when our 3 are all in school we may look into adoption. Who knows.... who knows. Its neat to hear everyone else's perspectives on having kids... their pregnancies, births, decisions etc.

jane said...

It didn't hit me until recently. You remember me right after delivering Grace I was like I'm good with this one. She turned 18 mos and something just happened and I have this urge to do it again. Maybe enough time has passed that I have forgotten? :)

Geralyn Macklin said...

Elizabeth is almost 17 years old and I STILL have not forgotten! Anyone who does pregnancy/delivery more than once is a hero or a lunatic...and I am speaking as a fourth child who feels very lucky to be here! : )