BREAKING NEWS - LUKE CAN WALK!
Okay, it's not completely BREAKING news... he decided to start walking last Friday, March 13th! I predicted, as I watched him "practice" ever so slowly walking up and down our hallway, that he would be running by this weekend... and I was right! The boy has started walking and running and he is NOT looking back! Crawling is SO last Thursday!
He is officially a toddler now. And, really, it's no different for us, as it seemed like he isn't really getting into anything more than he was before. He was just getting into a LOT before! He is trouble on two legs now... but he has always been trouble!!
He had his 15 month appointment last week... and at it, we learned that he weighs over 26 pounds and is more than 32 inches long. He's pretty much wearing 18-24 month clothing exclusively now.... he's just our big boy!
He has also started drinking:
Don't call Child Protective Services on me.... the bottle was empty. Soon after this picture, we had to replace this glass bottle with a nice plastic Coke bottle as he kept dropping it on the hardwood floor and then, the ceramic tile. Amazingly, it didn't shatter... but the writing was on the wall.
Luke and I currently have a bit of a cold. His started at the end of last week and has prevented him (and me!) from getting a good nights' sleep. The boy is a grump of crazy proportions!!!! Not eating well (no great change there, he is a PICKY little eater) and whiny. WHINY!!!!! Needs to be held and not just held... but you have to STAND when you hold him? Don't they outgrow this?? It's exhausting... especially when MOM is sick too! I woke up with the scratchy throat and swollen glands this morning. Lovely. No time for this. I get sick every time one of the kids do. When do MY immunities kick in!?
Ally is doing quite well, but this past week has apparently turned 15. We seem to be getting a lot of teenage attitude lately! Not terrible... (nothing like we've had in the past!)... but she's talking back and talking bratty and sometimes I want to smack her. Can I say that? :-) You know what I mean here! Enough is enough sometimes! You CANNOT talk to me that way!
Scott also started having her do "chores" around the house for money this weekend. HA! She was somewhere with him and wanted something.. I don't know what it was. A special juice or candy... and Scott said NO! The girl thinks we are made of money and just does not really understand why we don't buy anything and everything (an example of do as I say not as I do - must NOT take her shopping with me anymore - HA!). At any rate... Scott told her she could earn some money to buy the things that we didn't want to buy her.... so she promptly came home that night and cleaned her room and the living room (scattered with toys - why we HAVE a playroom, I will NEVER know...).
The best part was that she sang "Money, Money, Money" (from Mamma Mia) the entire time! Seriously FREAKING HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!! She was so just doing it for the cash. The girl likes cold, hard cash.....
A dollar later... two rooms of my house picked up! Totally worth it. I am thinking we can really escalate this and save some serious coin by getting rid of our cleaning ladies! :-)
Okay, maybe not quite.....
2 comments:
Grace loves beer too! Okay not really but what is it about the bottles? Bookie is getting so big! I love his little toddler walk. So cute.
Oh my gosh, I SO needed this update. Luke looks like a little boy not even "toddler"...walking will be so fun when he gets to do it in the grass this spring...and I laughed out loud when I read of Ally singing the money song...I can SO see it....
Thanks for keeping me informed...I love hearing all the interesting anecdotes...Hope you guys get to feeling better soon!
Love you all!!!!!
Post a Comment