Sometimes, I feel like I don't blog because I have nothing of any significance to share. Things at home are just well, same ole same ole! You know how it goes.... so I decided to implement a discussion on these random thoughts I have...
This morning's random thought - I thought long and hard (while in the shower) about why my house is always a FREAKIN' MESS and I am convinced that everyone's else's is just neat and tidy at all times. This makes me feel like a household failure. A failure as a mom... wife... happy homemaker. Oh - wait... I am NOT a happy homemaker.
That's it people. I really do DETEST all things "household chorish"! (is that a word?)
When I get home at the end of my day... after working all day long... somehow throwing something together for my children to eat... dealing with their evening shenanigans.... doing the bath thing (or sometimes not - for days - until they smell and I realize I am a HORRID parent)... and getting them to bed... the LAST thing I give two shits about doing is picking up the mess that they evening's activity created. Really. I am lazy at heart. It's true!
I would rather watch some crap TV show and rot my brain for an hour. After all, I used it all freakin' day!!!!!!! I would rather read a book that inspires me. I would rather stare at the freakin' wall and think of nothing at all. Seriously.... and I am content to do this in the midst of toys... dirty dishes... clothing piled up (hey at least I DID the laundry) and whatever else may be strewn about.
IT'S TRUE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! I am a closet slob. Come to my house and it will be picked up. Okay, maybe don't open closets or go in the basement... but it will be picked up... for I at least have to do a pretty good job of this every two weeks when the cleaning ladies come. But not today.... it's a mess... you can totally tell they are due to come this Thursday....
Although, I wonder how much more I would have to pay them to do the picking up too? WOULD BE WORTH EVERY PENNY!
I am generally put together... most of the time. Okay, okay, my car too is a freakin' disaster.. but generally.. I dress well... my hair is always done.. makeup on... but this is all at the expense of my house.
My house is clean... but shit is everywhere...... and it doesn't keep me up at night. I'm not ashamed. I can peacefully drift off into slumber.... while a pile of clean clothes sits at the bottom of my bed.
This is my truth.... I will never be good at household shit. Ain't gonna happen. No. Way.
And random thought number one.....
To be continued....
3 comments:
i could have written this exact same post. :) we also have a cleaning lady and she came today... hence the usual mad rush last night to get the house picked up, as i'd rather have her spend her time doing actual CLEANING as opposed to picking up our crap.
side note, sometimes i think it's hard as a full-time working mom to read the blogs of those that stay home or don't work full-time and talk about getting things done. it makes me feel completely inadequate. but the truth is, as busy as i know these people are with their kids (i am NOT saying anyone that works as a SAHM works less than i do!), they DO have time during their day to take a minute and throw a load of laundry in if they want to. i'm simply not there to do it.
Who cares? If it doesn't bother YOU then why does it matter? I think people will find this hilarious about you bc you do always look so put together :) THANK the GOOD LORD for cleaning ladies!!!!!
Nina....My house has got stuff all over it too...and I am the only one in it!!! No kids, no husband...so I guess you can blame it on me...heredity...I mean its not toys now, but books, mail, CDs, bills, bills and more bills....You need a "Serenity Room" as Grandma calls it...I had the Living Room on Deerfield and the mess was in the family room, but that wasn't until you were 16....so you might have a few years to go!
Love you,
Mom
Post a Comment