Friday, February 27, 2009

Dreary Day...

What a dreary day it is! Blah. Rainy. No sun. But... at least it's not snowing. Thank god for small favors, right?

I am home today, awaiting various repairmen to come and do various things around my house. Our satellite needed "tweaking." We weren't getting some of our HD stations, and Scott just won't stand for that... but in the last couple days, it went out all together (just the upstairs TV) and now we really need it fixed! So... DirecTV is coming out... sometime between 1 and 4. Our garage door is also being repaired... so that guy is coming out... "sometime this afternoon." Don't you love it? No one can actually give you a time anymore! It's a range. And usually, a pretty big range!
Yesterday, I went to the salon in Farmington Hills and stopped at Macy's at Twelve Oaks on my way. It was a GLORIOUS stop... because I scored four pair of shoes for $99!!! It was just they kind of therapy I was in need of. Great bargains on shoes therapy!!! I got two pair of Michael Kors shoes, a pair of boots and another pair of pumps... all the clearance stuff was an additional half off. If I had the time, I would have gone back and gotten more. But... I had to get to my appointment! HA!
So... it was cut, color and highlight time at the salon. Even more personal therapy for me.... and then, the BEST... my hairdresser asked if I'd like to spend the day at the MGM Spa with him on his birthday next week. UM - YEAH!? I am giddy! And, it could not come at a better time. Very much in need of some zen "me time!"
Luke has been sleeping for absolute crap lately and in turn, I am getting no sleep. He is home with me today, a huge grump... and I can still hear him in his room, NOT napping even though he's exhausted. I don't know if he's fighting this cold we all seem to have... teething or what. What I do know is that he is not a treat at the moment!
What else I know is that I am going to Chicago with Ally for the weekend... and I am so looking forward to that! Ally and Isabel are going to have some little girl time... and my girls and I are going to have some big girl time! Which, of course means sushi, martinis and hopefully some Sweet Mandy B's cupcakes and I can't get them off my mind lately! Throw in a little S Factor and the weekend will be complete!
Ally has to have surgery next week. It's nothing MAJOR... she is having a wart removed from INSIDE her nose... but she still has to be put completely under and I must admit, it freaks me out a little. I know she will be just fine... but she is really scared and I know she's just going to have a meltdown when they put the IV in her. Needles are not her friend. :-( So, that is next Tuesday... send positive vibes our way!!!!
I hear silence coming from the baby's room...... what a sweet sound.... time to go accomplish something!!!!

No comments: