Sunday, February 22, 2009

The Box is the Best...

Well... yesterday, the kids had a great time in this box... easily entertained some of the time.  Other times, they make me crazy! Luke is walking and pushing things now.  Let me amend, he's not walking on his own, he's walking behind things that he pushes.  He can take a few steps on his own, but basically, he's just lazy and uninterested in walking by himself yet.

At any rate... he was pushing this box around.... and Ally (of course!) decides SHE wants to play with it.  We've been working a LOT on sharing this weekend as it seems that Luke is starting to get on his big sister's nerves.  So... they colored on this box together for a while. They had a blast...





























For a while anyway.  Truth be told here, the box had to be taken away from both of them.  Ally eventually just had a meltdown that her little brother was taking the crayons... Luke was screaming at her.  It's hard not to laugh, cuz the little guy really is becoming a bully.  He's sick of getting bossed around by his big sister and cousin!  Once in a great while, he stands up for himself!  

Ah..... kids.

I really am sorry I suck so bad at keeping up this blog lately.  I have to admit, I'm just not in the mood most days to write!  I don't feel like anything that exciting is happening that is worth sharing.  I have considered stopping all together, but I figure that's dumb too, right?  Has anyone else just ever wanted to STOP keeping this up for a while?

Of course, why do I put it on myself that I HAVE to write often... daily, weekly.... once in a while should be good enough. 

Anyway!  As you can see from the picture above (take a good look at Ally's eyes).... the kids were really, REALLY sick last week.  Luke had the stomach flu on Wednesday, he just threw up a couple times first thing in the morning and then, he was done. But, Ally.  POOR ALLY!  She started throwing up Wednesday night and never stopped until morning.  It was the horrid, body shaking, dry heaving, terrible pukes.  It was downright scary!!!!!  At one point, I almost took her to the ER.  It just seemed worse than ever.  But, thank god, at that point, she finally stopped.

She popped all the blood vessels in her eyes.   She just looked awful!  Jane saw her Friday morning and almost cried she looked so bad.  Ally is a fairly skinny girl.... and when she gets the pukes, it is obvious the weight she has lost!  Luke on the other hand, could miss a week of meals.  :-)

They are both feeling a lot better now.  Luke is eating much more normal and Ally is eating smaller meals, but she is eating.  She's still a little "touchy" as I can hear her whining in the other room as I type this and Scott's patience is wearing thin.  It's Sunday afternoon... and we have kept the kids home all weekend to take it easy and get better... and I think we are all feeling a little cabin fever.  Bring on the work week!  :-)


3 comments:

jane said...

Don't stop blogging. You are so honest and funny. I would miss it as I am sure others would too. Just update it when you can, and do it for you.

Urquhart Family said...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one with kids who REALLY don't like to share! ;-) And don't stop blogging...I LOVE to hear how the kids are doing...even if it's just once a month! Glad everyone is feeling better!!

Unknown said...

Ditto to what Jane said...I LOVE to read your writing ...Ican just picture everything the way you describe it!!! And I wouldn't know what was going on in your life without it!!!
Mom